Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer in Ivory 02  » Cosmetics  »
  • Nevertheless, I believe this concealer is a good entry-level product and might as well be the cheapest mineral concealer around
  • I like to use the concealer for small breakouts
  • The same principle works for diminishing redness and pimples, I prefer to dab the liquid first on the back of my hand and just pat it with a finger
  • A zit that had dried out or dry patches must be moisturized prior to concealing to avoid a flaky finish

• by jhunie

I’ve been keeping an assortment of concealers and am still sticking to my arsenal of makeup cover-ups. To have yet again another one would be at the least of my acquisitions for now, but this Maybelline mineral concealer came in tow with the affordably-priced kit I snagged at Ebay. The sort of starter kit contained most of Maybelline’s mineral power cosmetics, including a kabuki brush, this concealer and the main reason for my purchase which were the 2 loose mineral powders. Well the brush plus the concealer were great bonuses to the bunch. It’s been a while since I got to try Maybelline products because I’m such an ambitious beauty junkie and have gone so far since the time I slapped a cheap Maybelline lipstick – my first one. It was like going back down memory lane or to rehash my roots. Nevertheless, I believe this concealer is a good entry-level product and might as well be the cheapest mineral concealer around.

Mineral-based products were omnipresent in cosmetics for the past 2 years but I wasn’t that keen to embrace it right away. I have only appreciated such products since I began using

mineral concealers, other than bronzing light-reflecting makeup which certainly make good highlighters. I have tried Lily Lolo, a loose mineral powder employed for the same concealing purposes particularly around the eyes and I can say this Maybelline concealer seems to be its closest liquid dupe. It gives an identical powdery finish. The mineral Kit was generally labeled to be ‘light’ in shade. The concealer was among the lightest - in number 02 Ivory which belongs to the Light array of shades, aside from medium and dark pantones.

It was never my assumption that the concealer will work given its light color and expected it to be less opaque. It was timely that I immediately put it to test-drive when a small zit sprouted off my forehead. I seldom use blemish creams because despite helping to dry the zit, it’s scarring and leaves a dark spot. I wanted a desensitized method of covering the redness so the concealer came to my mind considering its mineral composition and regarded to have certain healing properties but without stinging or active ingredients that would react to the affected skin. The concealer actually covers the redness effectively,

• it provides an opaque coverage.

I like to use the concealer for small breakouts. Although, its powdery finish has an ashen quality that’s slightly difficult to camouflage if you’re going bare all the way without foundation or setting powder. Otherwise, this concealer makes it suitable for full coverage makeup, erasing blemishes and flaws for an even finish. Upon application, it glides fluidly as it sinks in. I’d like to stress further that it truly differs from the liquid formulas I’ve used before, many concealers tend to be too fluid in consistency that it’s difficult to build an opaque coverage even with its good pigments. This exceptional concealer somewhat dries to a creamy texture in a few seconds so it settles like foundation on skin. In that way, the pigments really adhere on-the-spot, then with ease you can start spreading it to even out.

Because it absorbs fast, I don’t think using a brush will help to make a precise application. It’s best to feather or stretch the pigments with fingers. In a negative note, the concealer may crease if used to cover dark circles. Also, it should be dispensed in controlled amounts

on the eyes, just dot it out no more than twice or it would appear quite ashen around the eyes. The same principle works for diminishing redness and pimples, I prefer to dab the liquid first on the back of my hand and just pat it with a finger. A zit that had dried out or dry patches must be moisturized prior to concealing to avoid a flaky finish. In terms of packaging, I didn’t like the narrow hole or sort of stopper installed inside the pen, it provides such a small passage for the doe-footed applicator, sometimes coming to a halt as you pull it to dispense an amount. It really needs a good setting powder because the mineral concealer barely lasts a couple of hours especially if you have oily skin like mine.

In closing, this is a reliable desensitizing cosmetic concealer for those with acne-afflicted skin who may want to break free from the brash stinging and scarring left by medicated concealers. This fool-proof concealer is retailed for 4 or 5 dollars – very cheap indeed. I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121061152610830/k2311a0621/6.21.10