Astring O-sol Concentrated Mouthwash Fresh Mint  » Health  »
  • I bought this drugstore brand of mouthwash upon the recommendation of my sister who stands by its potent cleansing power, and indeed I had to agree, although, I found it too strong to be tolerable
  • I thought it was a ready-to-gargle type of oral rinse, when in fact, it’s a concentrated formula that needs to be diluted in water
  • I became accustomed to the burning and I learned to tolerate the sensation
  • What I like about this brand of oral wash amid its beyond-tolerable-strength, is that it’s fairly lasting a long time in my bathroom shelf, maybe due to its concentration so you consume it bit by bit

• by jhunie

A mouthwash really comes useful when all you need is a quick oral rinse after a light midnight snack. I commit to a strict post-dinner regimen which includes brushing right after eating the evening’s bounty and proceed to the nightly baths. I try to turn in early straight to bed but I always get tempted to turn the television on. So there I am watching tv while comforting myself with good food. Being such a loafer, I just cleanse my mouth with a gargle instead of brushing my teeth again; at least I don’t sleep with residual food stuck on the crevices of my teeth. I bought this drugstore brand of mouthwash upon the recommendation of my sister who stands by its potent cleansing power, and indeed I had to agree, although, I found it too strong to be tolerable.

I had my own dose of stupidity because of deficit

knowledge pertaining how the mouthwash was to be properly gargled. I still laugh at myself every time I remember what transpired the first time I reached for this mouthwash. I thought it was a ready-to-gargle type of oral rinse, when in fact, it’s a concentrated formula that needs to be diluted in water. So I stupidly poured the solution on my mouth without even checking the instructions and it felt like burning hell. I felt like I was gargling some poisonous green-dyed acid. My buccal cavity was tingling in pain then and it was badly scalded, but it wasn’t too bad to cause me serious oral injuries. A lesson learned, I realized it was a concentrated solution.

My mouth felt so abraded after that, as if it’s been scrubbed off vigorously. Astring o-sol was really the strongest mouth wash I had gargled in my life. Even when ...

• following the prescribed instructions of diluting it in liquid, I still find it probably 3 times more burning than the old Listerine wash I once had. Its alcohol content must be quite high. Rinsing with the solution is likened to a numbing sensation in the mouth while the tingling sensation feels like pricking needles but only in the first occasions of use. I became accustomed to the burning and I learned to tolerate the sensation. In a way, the solution leaves a satisfying feeling in the mouth, very refreshing and cool, even twice better than ordinary brushing. It doesn’t leave a bitter after-taste.

I got the one in fresh mint which tastes a lot like peppermint flavor. I usually pour just 1/5 of the cap, a very small solution and diluted in more parts water. I tend to be compulsive when it comes to oral hygiene so it

takes longer than 30 seconds for me to gargle. What I like about this brand of oral wash amid its beyond-tolerable-strength, is that it’s fairly lasting a long time in my bathroom shelf, maybe due to its concentration so you consume it bit by bit. The bottle lasted 2 months which was twice longer than the regular time it takes for me to use up one full bottle of mouth wash.

It costs only 2 dollars for a bigger, ample size than the travel sized bottle. I was thrilled to finally end my affair with this product and search something else more mild in formula. If you have higher tolerance to stinging oral solutions, then Astring o-sol would be your best bet, otherwise, if you prefer a gentle rinse, then this would be the least on your list.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3421061152590830/k2311a0621/6.21.10