Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Loose Powder in Classic Ivory 02  » Cosmetics  »
  • I can barely consider it a full coverage foundation, more like a matte face powder
  • An experience some time ago led me to erase the possibility of using mineral-based products, I used a certain mineral blush which caused residual itching on my face
  • I will recommend this basic powder for the sensitive-skinned folks

• by jhunie

I’m such a voracious consumer of cosmetics, no wonder why my touchy skin seems to be going through a tough time. I was looking forward to detoxifying my makeup grind – what with all the profusion of cosmetics I slap on my face time and again, it’s just fitting to revamp my cosmetic choices and adapt a simpler, skin-friendly routine. Going loose all the way was not just a silly spur-of-the-moment, I wanted to put down my foundation and skin primers for now while giving my skin the time it deserves to heal. So getting one of those Maybelline mineral power kit was the first step, the other kits comprised of a powder and blush duo but I preferred the one featuring two of maybelline’s powders, one a loose foundation plus another finishing powder. I was hopeful that its mineral composition should suit my troubled skin.

This mineral powder

is good for light touches of makeup – hence, minimalist. It’s quite natural indeed, just don’t anticipate a brilliant dose of color pay-off because it’s very translucent and flat. The mineral loose powder is the sister of maybelline’s liquid foundation which I’ve also had the pleasure to try. Between the two, if you deem coverage is an important quality to your makeup, then it’s best to go with the liquid foundation. The powder is very lightweight and doesn’t hide any redness or blemishes for a flawless coverage. Otherwise, if you choose a clean understated finish that’s freshly matte, as if you just stepped out of the shower, then you’d be glad to have this loose form instead.

It can surely make a great daily face powder for the day because of its mattifying power, a better option to skip the heavy foundations while allowing one’s skin to breath with no cakey texture. Generous sweeps of this powder can lead to an ashen look especially if you’re using a big flat top kabuki brush so it’s important to dust it off in controlled amounts. For me, it typically takes 2 dips off the pot to build the pleasant coverage that I want. I also like finger patting the finely milled mineral powder around the eyes to lighten and offset the purplish dark circles, at the same time suppressing the oiliness along my upper eye lids. The fine pigments daren’t crease while creating a satiny texture for eye colors and my concealer.

As I’ve foretold, it’s transparent and less pigmented than let’s say, a Maybelline pressed powder. It’s quite effective at buffing out the shine but not dark spots and imperfections. I can barely consider it a full coverage foundation, more like a matte face ...

• Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Loose Powder in Classic Ivory 02
      powder. It’s absolutely flat and lends the slightest radiance to the face but with no luminous, iridescent properties. This is a utilitarian powder and you can’t expect any added frills in it. But considering it’s mineral after all, then my skin might thank me for it. It’s been a week of powdering with this cute little pot and no bad breakouts ensued.

In terms of longevity, wear has been pretty fair. It seems prompt at regulating my oily sweat glands to behave somehow. In fact, I’ve worn the liquid foundation which went dewy after several hours. This powder was relatively long wearing, yet not that long to endure my oily slicks. Its partner, the setting powder comes handy to do touch-ups. An experience some time ago led me to erase the possibility of using mineral-based products, I used a certain mineral blush

which caused residual itching on my face. It gave me the impression that my face might be reactive to minerals, but my experience with this kind of mineral preparation has been good thus far.

The pot it comes with is squatter in size than I had thought upon looking it up in the internet. Though I’d like to believe it has more than enough powder to let it hang around my makeup bag for a while. It has a really annoying sifter. It requires plenty of shaking to pulverize the powder inside since it tends to clump into bigger particles if left unused. The added SPF 18 might as well be a good consolation for its petty coverage. It’s priced probably lower than 5 dollars. I will recommend this basic powder for the sensitive-skinned folks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121061152530830/k2311a0621/6.21.10