Maybelline Mineral Power Finishing Veil Translucent Loose Powder  » Cosmetics  »
  • But I think its generic coverage worths a try and I can totally see myself wearing this loose powder every day
  • Actually, I was barely warming up with the loose translucent powder when I decided it didn’t really do much
  • I don’t know about other skin colors but I believe its singular shade is universal enough encompassing most individuals
  • I love how the powder brings that much needed matte finish for my oily skin

• by jhunie

I got this setting powder as part of my recent Maybelline Minerals binge in the form of a complementary set, accompanied with a kabuki brush and concealer. The finishing veil will probably be my favorite item from the lot because I frequently reach for it to retouch my makeup. In keeping with my ongoing pledge to use only mineral-based makeup at present, I managed to find some stuff without going overboard my frugal budget. Many well-pampered faces would probably deduce into saying this finishing powder has no lavish quality, as confessed by others’ opinions, perhaps if compared to other popular powders like bare minerals and my previous favorite – shiseido and such. But I think its generic coverage worths a try and I can totally see myself wearing this loose powder every day.

This setting powder has a very translucent finish, the same with its pre-procedure powder - the natural perfecting powder which is also loose in preparation, though this is comparably much sheer in coverage. Off the pot, it’s easy to think the powder might have a sort of frosted chalk-white color because it appears to be quite

pale. But once you open the lid, you can make out the pigments have a certain pinkish hue, like rosy beige. The fine powders don’t have frosted shimmers or a snowy white shade similar to Mac’s superbly iridescent powder. It’s perfect for barely-there touch ups to put down foundation once in a while, provided I don’t have any bad breakouts.

To use as a finishing touch to maybelline’s natural perfecting foundation powder, it adds a tad of coverage to the face powder but I flinched slightly upon seeing my face looking ghostly at first. I figured I might have overdone the powder so I reassured next time to put just the right amount. Actually, I was barely warming up with the loose translucent powder when I decided it didn’t really do much. I must have dusted off twice or more on my face leaving it awfully white. The trick is to load a liberal amount on your brush instead of applying sparingly so it finishes better and the coverage becomes readily noticeable without fussing over once or twice whether you’ve applied enough. A single ...

• dip does it for me.

The powder seems to fare well with my complexion even on bare skin. I don’t know about other skin colors but I believe its singular shade is universal enough encompassing most individuals. It’s most efficient for fortifying the wear of my liquid foundation, as long as it’s allowed to dry thoroughly for about 20 or 30 minutes allowing its sunscreen factor to activate within the allotted time. I love how the powder brings that much needed matte finish for my oily skin. It tones down the shiny nuance of my mineral foundation. The powder doesn’t cake and it’s fairly resilient to humidity especially when the sweats start coming. The oils begin to show up after a while and I turn to this pot for an instant perk me up, such a nice way to refresh icky worn out makeup.

I’ve been abusing this cute little pot for a couple of days now and it doesn’t seem to react with my skin. I’d like to vent out my frustration with the pot’s faulty sifter because I think I’ve wasted the powder due to

a slight mishap. I’ve got myself to blame nonetheless but I can’t help not to be explicit. The first time I tapped its bottom to dispense an amount, it was very small. I kept tapping vigorously but still just a few droppings of powder would fall on the lid. Because of my frustration, I realized it probably needs some shaking to loosen up the powder and I was quite right there. I tapped plenty of times and almost half of its contents just appeared sitting on the filter, as if done by magic. I tried shaking to let it settle down but the powders won’t budge. Now I’ll have to wait till I completely consume all that much powder before I can resume to the normal method of dispensing. I’ve had a lot of cosmetics in pots but by far, this has been the most annoying of all.

The finishing veil costs probably 5 dollars which is the cheapest in town and a loot over expensive shiseido powders. I strongly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121061152510830/k2311a0621/6.21.10