McDonald’s St. Cloud, MN  » Restaurants  »
1.5
840 Saint Germain Street E, St. Cloud, MN 56304
  • I know about their napkin policy because I used to work there as a crew trainer many years ago

• by Brenda Snow

The McDonald’s located by Highway 10 in St. Cloud has continuously given very poor service. We have been going there for about 15 years. Service at first was great and fast, but has declined the last few years to poor and slow.

We usually go through drive-thru except for when it’s hot outside, then it’s an inside visit. They no longer give out napkins in drive-thru, so you must ask for them to get any. It makes me feel like I’m a sloppy eater when I have to ask for napkins. They are supposed to give out one napkin per item ordered; unless if customers order a meal then they’re supposed to give out more napkins.

I know about their napkin policy because I used to work there as a crew trainer many years ago. Although now I do not like to admit I used to work there because of how the service has drastically went downhill. People only think about how the service is now, and I don’t want to feel embarrassed by telling people my first job

was at this McDonald’s location. No one I worked with still works at this particular location. It’s obvious that the training and staff are either not properly trained and/or they do not care about giving good service to customers.

When going through the drive-thru yesterday, a Sunday afternoon when they were not busy, and we were the only car in drive-thru, service reached it’s worst. After ordering we had to sit at the first window (where people pay) for at least 3 full minutes before the girl came to take the money. We ordered an ice cream cone in a cup, a hot fudge sundae, and a large sweet tea. Not a difficult or expensive order, yet they still gave very poor service. While waiting for the girl to come collect the money, I felt like she did not care whether we paid or not. We honked the horn once, and it still took her a long time to come.

By the time we finally got up to the second window to get our food, we had to wait ...

• again (although this time the wait was much shorter). Luckily we ordered the ice cream cone in a cup otherwise it probably would have fell over from starting to melt. The sundae had melted so much from the hot fudge that it was literally dripping out from under the lid. I got ice cream and melted fudge on the car seat and floor since they again did not give out any napkins. The girl at this window obviously had to see the melted ice cream on the counter where the sundae had been sitting, and possibly got it on her hand when giving it to us since almost the entire bottom section of plastic container was covered in melted ice cream. Despite those facts that the sundae was melting and messy, she did not give us any napkins. Instead she walked away and we had to honk the horn about 6 or more times before she came back to the window so we could ask for napkins.

While sitting there with the melted sundae dripping all over I felt

like the workers do not care about us or other people. It’s not difficult to quickly grab a few napkins to give to customers. And, some of the workers act snotty like napkins are expensive items when they have to give them out. No one wants to be treated that way, and they have continuously showed that they obviously do not care about their customers.

The other McDonald’s locations in this area (except for McStop which is a franchise store) also do not give out napkins in drive-thru. In the future I will request napkins as the person is handing out the very last item. Sometimes when asking for napkins right away when they open the window they forget, or do not care and simply don’t give them out until after asking a second time. The service is very poor, but yet people continue to stop because it’s right next to a highway filled with many hungry people. We will not go to this McDonald’s ever again! There are other McDonald’s locations and other restaurants nearby that offer much better customer service.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 721061152340830/k2311a0621/6.21.10