Gothic 2 RPG
  • I love to play role playing games that gives you freedom to choose whatever you want to do and Gothic 2 is the game I'm looking for
  • I only bought Gothic 2 on bargain price but the story and game play experience is undeniably superb
  • Well I learned my lesson and I always saved frequently with back up saves in other slots
  • Well I think that Piranha Bytes wants Gothic 2 to be realistic and challenging game, the tip is do not approach them because you can kill those high level enemies later when you are stronger
  • Because of the excellent game play experience and superb story telling I recommend the game to every role playing gamers out there who wants some thrill and challenge

• by greencard13

I love to play role playing games that gives you freedom to choose whatever you want to do and Gothic 2 is the game I’m looking for. I only bought Gothic 2 on bargain price but the story and game play experience is undeniably superb. The game is easy to install and do not require you to have a high end personal computer which is good because I do not want to burn some cash to upgrade my computer just to play a game.

My character which known as no name or the nameless hero woke up beside the black magician named Xardas. The black magician informed the nameless hero about what happen after

the fight with the last boss in Gothic, Xardas rescued our hero from being buried alive outside inside temple. After finishing the long talks about Dragons, amulet and other stuffs I take a look around to observe the game mechanics and controls. I find the controls to be hard because you are not using a mouse and you need to press different buttons to attack, but after an hour of playing I get used to controls and the fights with low level goblins and wolfs became easy.

One thing I love in Gothic 2 is the beautiful sound effects, the graphics might be average but the sounds are alive. I always play with

headphone because the realistic sound seems like drawing you inside the game. You can hear the birds chirping, the wind blowing, footsteps of enemies or the people in town even the rain and thunder is great too. I also like the voice acting because they speak well with some medieval slang. The medieval setting is also good and the details of the house and temples are designed well. The bad thing is the design of temples and houses are like copy pasted because they are all the same. Another negative aspect of the game is when you fall in a high place you will be killed instantly, this happens to me after defeating ...

• Gothic 2 RPG
      a gang of bandits, I fall in the cliff and I forgot to save the game! Well I learned my lesson and I always saved frequently with back up saves in other slots.

The plot is well developed and even if I do not play the first installment of Gothic I can still relate to the story. Suspense is not very much available in Gothic 2 but when you are walking alone in the forest at night you will feel some goosebumps because they designed the forest to be creepy especially at night and you will be scared because a skeleton warrior will suddenly appear and slash you down. Some people bash the game

because the enemies are not distributed well; I mean you can meet a shadow beast or snappers while you are still level one. Well I think that Piranha Bytes wants Gothic 2 to be realistic and challenging game, the tip is do not approach them because you can kill those high level enemies later when you are stronger. When I first play the game I’m so curious to approach this monster and I’m always gets pawned in less than a second, I learned my lessons and avoid the monsters.

Because of the excellent game play experience and superb story telling I recommend the game to every role playing gamers out there who wants some thrill and challenge.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2821061152180830/k2311a0621/6.21.10