Forever and Ever by Christian Dior
  • I love the perfume and wished it came in a bigger bottle
  • I like its girly girl scent, appealing and flirtatious without trying too hard

• by ascendant

I was not even aware that such a perfume existed until I was gifted with one by a former classmate in 2004.   The perfume is a limited edition from Christian Dior and named Forever and Ever.   The name is a bit cheesy and so I was not really too keen about it to begin with.   And then I smelled it and then everything changed and I was instantly hooked. The scent is a floral fruity that is not overpowering.

I just could not get enough of it. Nor could my friends who smelled it on me.   I wanted it to be my signature scent but when I finished my bottle, I found out that it was not anymore available on the market.   Christian Dior had stopped making it.

Gak!!!  To say that I was flabbergasted is an understatement.   I asked friends and relatives in the U. S. and in Hongkong if they can find and buy the scent for me but to no avail.

Macy’s in

San Francisco was not carrying it nor could my friends find it in the streets of Hongkong.   I moved on and had forgotten about the scent until sometime last year when I went to Duty Free in Sucat, Paranaque.   And there, nesting among the other fragrances from Christian Dior was my Forever and Ever.   Needless to say, I got myself a bottle.

Right away, I noticed a couple of things that changed about the packaging and although the name on the box says Forever and Ever, I was not entirely sure if this was the same fragrance I loved.   It smelled the same but there was also something different about it.   It’s difficult to explain but I think the fragrance had lost a little of its softness although the underlying notes were still the same.       First off, the bottle was not as pink as it used to be.

I still have my old bottle from before so it was easy to make a comparison.   ...

• The old packaging was opaque and I really could not see the contents even when I held it next to a light bulb.   On the other hand, the new packaging came in a light pink bottle where you could get a glimpse of the contents without the necessity of holding it near a light source. The new box was also different in that it had Japanese characters on it.

Gone too were the words “Limited Edition” which was just rad since it means I could go on buying the perfume even after I finish my bottle. Yey for me! On a recent trip to Rustan’s, however, I went to the Christian Dior counter to ask about the perfume just to make sure of its accessibility and they still did not have it.   Well, as long as Duty Free carries it and Christian Dior is still making it, I’m good. I love the perfume and wished it came in a bigger bottle.

As with the

old packaging, this different and relatively new one (at least for me) only came in 50ml bottles.   What I love most about it is that it does not smell like the other perfumes sold in Duty Free. It smells fresh, not synthetic.   It’s a great casual, all-around scent for me, light and pefect for daytime especially during the summer where the heat magnifies the scent of anything I put on.

I like its girly girl scent, appealing and flirtatious without trying too hard.   Since the scent is light, it’s not meant to be used for formal events.   Personally, I use it when I go out on day dates, and it compliments my outfit whether I’m wearing a summer dress or just shorts, flats, and a fitted top.    I know that perfumes come and go and thousands are developed each year by perfume companies but Forever and Ever will always be one of my favorites and as long as Christian Dior keeps making it, I will always keep buying it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5621061152020730/k2311a0621/6.21.10