Turtle Beach Ear Force X31 Wireless Headset
  • Sound design in a video game is a very hard thing to accomplish, but what is a sad about sound design is most players do not get to experience it

• by ireview2live

Sound design in a video game is a very hard thing to accomplish, but what is a sad about sound design is most players do not get to experience it. Thus, Turtle Beach’s Ear Force X31 headset was created to amplify sounds such as footsteps, shooting and reloading, jumping, falling and even knifing. Sound designers and editors make sure to take into account all these different aspects but it is a pity since 90% of gamers do not own headsets or a decent surround sound system.

What the Turtle Beach Ear Force X31 Wireless Headsets (only for Xbox 360) do is they single out specific sounds like running, and

they enhance the bass so the sound comes clearer, crisper and better. I recently bought one because everyone told me headsets make your gameplay better, but truthfully I just wanted to see what the game actually sounds like. So I connect the Headset to my Xbox 360 and put in Modern Warfare 2, a first person stealth shooter. In this game it is imperative you use sound to counter-act your enemies attacks and immediately I felt the difference. I heard so many things I could not have heard from my TV. I heard footsteps, wind blowing, falling, explosions from across the map, it made a huge difference.

Besides the ...

• effect of the headsets on gameplay, they are also multi-facilitated. You can use them as headphone, you can use them to DJ, there many uses to them, you can even use them as a bluetooth headset, but that would just look silly so do not do that. Additionally these headsets are used by pros, people who compete at events and tournaments are required to have headsets so if you are good without the headsets imagine how good you will be after them. As a personal experience, I bought the headsets, and immediately saw my gameplay improve. So my friends and I made a clan for Modern Warfare 2 and
        joined a tournament. We made it to 3rd place because of me. My headsets improved my gaming style, I was now dependent on my sight and hearing abilities rather than just my sight. This was essential for me as many time I managed to kill a guy creeping behind me or just sitting around waiting for someone to walk by.

I have enjoyed these headsets thoroughly. They were a bit expensive at 100 dollars but they will be around for at least 2 years. Overall I am glad to have purchased this headset and will continue to see what further inventions will be released to improve gaming to myself and you guys.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1621061151970730/k2311a0621/6.21.10