The Motorola V3  » Phones  »
  • What I love about this phone is that it's so slim and thin while being a flip phone at the same time
  • I think there's just something about flip phones that makes them look elegant, like when answering a call and when finishing one, not to mention my phone was a hot pink one, I really liked the color because it's so girly and stylish at the same time
  • But one thing I don't like about this phone is the camera
  • Now, I want to share my experience with this phone, an experience that will have me thanking Motorola for years and years to come
  • Our helper asked if she could have the phone repaired and would buy it from me if the phone still worked, I told her I would just give the phone to her and not bother having it repaired because the cost would be expensive really, but voila

• by jbs

The Motorola V3. What I love about this phone is that it’s so slim and thin while being a flip phone at the same time. I think there’s just something about flip phones that makes them look elegant, like when answering a call and when finishing one, not to mention my phone was a hot pink one, I really liked the color because it’s so girly and stylish at the same time. It’s also so slim and light you can carry it and won’t complain you have a heavy one, like the Iphone, which is so heavy as I tried to hold it.

But one thing I don’t like about this phone is the camera; with VGA, you can’t really get a clear picture, so not much use for it. I have taken several pictures with clear lighting in my background, and it does not have a flash so all the pictures are not clear. I even tested angles so that the objects I was taking would reflect clear pictures but still had no luck. At least I tried. I would want some sharpness and lighting in my pictures but I

get very little lighting and almost no sharpness. In some pictures I have tested myself I can’t even see a pimple even in clear light so I think VGA quality cameras are really not suitable for people who are fond of taking pictures. The same goes for the video, it is not really clear but it’s good enough if you want to capture and record something. One reason I don’t use this phone for taking pictures and videos is also it has a very very low memory. It has only 5.5 MB for phone and it does not have a memory slot for memory sim, it’s terrible! When I got to about 30 messages, I could only save those 30 as it will say there is no space for any more so you’ll have to delete messages. Don’t use this phone to save texts, you’ll only be able to save a few.

But for the phonebook memory, that’s one thing we all could use, it has 1000 phonebook entries and I think that’s ample space for an individual since we still have space on our SIM cards. With this phone at least it is advanced with the photo call feature; you can assign a thumbnail for a person and that person’s image will show up when he or she is calling you. One other thing I liked is the battery time, with standby time I lasted for 3 days, I wasn’t texting and calling much and nobody really texted pestered me at that time haha, so I go to test out the battery’s capacity and it is not bad for a slim phone! For my normal texting and calling, which I only use about 30 texts per day and about 10 calls per day for only about 2 minutes each call, I got to almost 2 days. This phone is really good, I bet if you call and text all day it will still be up to 1.5 days. There’s a memory status bar in the phone which you can check, this is not the battery bar located on the top of your home phone screen by the way. So you can not only rely on the battery bar in your home screen but also to the battery meter status located in the options ...

• The Motorola V3
      menu.

Now, I want to share my experience with this phone, an experience that will have me thanking Motorola for years and years to come!

The V3 does sound like an ordinary phone but let me tell you this - I was swimming on the beach 2 months ago with my waterproof necklace bag thing around and what I didn’t notice was that the 5 locks on the waterproof bag wasn’t really sealed tight, so naturally, my v3 got really wet and I couldn’t even use it anymore. It was about 30 minutes when I noticed it, so I thought it was really goodbye because it was such a long time, the water could have deeply penetrated inside my phone. It was so my fault. When I got back home from vacation I decided it won’t work anymore, and why would it? It was already days before we got back home and have it fixed, why bother having it fixed and just wasting money when the repair could be more expensive than the phone itself?

I bought a Blackberry, and just stored the v3 in my room, vowing to have it fixed one

day but knowing it wouldn’t happen seeing as I already had a new toy, the Blackberry. Our helper asked if she could have the phone repaired and would buy it from me if the phone still worked, I told her I would just give the phone to her and not bother having it repaired because the cost would be expensive really, but voila! 1 month after getting dipped on the Philippines’ Boracay beach, it worked just fine! Everything was still there, my phonebook, my messages, pictures, ringtones, everything! I couldn’t believe it! I think Motorola deserves such high praise for that incident! I gave the phone to the helper, she paid only $10 to have it repaired, I could not believe it. $10 for something I thought would not work anymore!

The V3 has a bad camera, only a VGA, but heck it still works after dipping it in the beach! Really not bad!

Again, just thought I’d let the other consumers and readers out there know that phones still do work, miracles do come true, and for those out there who has a broken/defective phone, have it fixed, you never know what surprise you’ll get!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3721061151710730/k2311a0621/6.21.10