Arch’s Frozen Yogurt Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
104 14th Street Northwest, Charlottesville VA
  • It is so delicious, especially during the summer when the weather is hot and the sun is beaming
  • Unfortunately, I am trying to lose weight and ice cream, even the ones that are supposed to be for people watching their health, is not an option
  • I bought some from the grocery store and I was not exactly a fan, it just did not taste as good as ice cream
  • I decided that I was in the mood for double Dutch chocolate, a five ounce serving, which seemed about right
  • I like to sit here and chat with my friends will I savor my ice cream

• by kirbystar7

One of my guiltiest pleasures is ice cream. It is so delicious, especially during the summer when the weather is hot and the sun is beaming. The cooling sweetness of ice cream just makes it ok that you could be baked alive outside. Unfortunately, I am trying to lose weight and ice cream, even the ones that are supposed to be for people watching their health, is not an option.

My friends, who are also watching their weight, suggested that we eat frozen yogurt instead. I bought some from the grocery store and I was not exactly a fan, it just did not taste as good as ice cream.

This was before I went to college and had access to Arch’s Frozen Yogurt.

The first time I went there,

I saw an option for frozen yogurt. I asked the cashier what this entailed and she said that for every half cup, the total calories were on fifty, zero of which were from fat! I almost could not believe that this sweet dessert option had fewer calories than an apple (ninety). I knew I would be trying wow cow that day, but there were two options: strawberry short cake and double Dutch chocolate.

I decided that I was in the mood for double Dutch chocolate, a five ounce serving, which seemed about right. I then saw my friend order a topping for her five ounce: gooey brownie. Another friend of mine got the cookie dough topping.

Each topping was for eighty cents more. I decided that I could not ...

• have too much chocolate so I decided to order the brownie topping on top of my double Dutch chocolate wow cow frozen yogurt. The frozen yogurt was delicious! It tasted so crisp and cool, nothing like anything I have eaten before.

It tasted even better because I knew I would not suffer as much for eating this dessert. The next time I went to Arch’s Frozen Yogurt, I wanted to spend a little more money and get an Archer, a pretty big cup of frozen yogurt of choice mixed with the different toppings that you could choose. I decided I really wanted the Mississippi mud, which contained an unbelievable amount of chocolate: heath bars, graham cracker, and gooey brownie.

The Archer can be compared to Dairy Queen’s Blizzard, except

it is much better for your health. I ordered a small Archer, and I wished there was a smaller size because I could not even finish what I had gotten. Some thing I have wanted to buy but never had the chance to was one of Arch’s frozen yogurt pies.

The look very good, are probably a little on the pricier side, but I think they would be a delicious treat for a special occasion. At this particular Arch’s near my college campus, there are not only tables to sit at but old looking comfy couches to sit on. There is a coffee table with a deck of UNO cards and a chess board.

I like to sit here and chat with my friends will I savor my ice cream.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 721061151380630/k2311a0621/6.21.10