Romano’s Macaroni Grill Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
5925 Kingstowne Towne Ctr, Alexandria VA
  • When we were finally escorted to a table, I noticed that the table was covered with not a table cloth but a large sheet of white paper
  • I decided that for Italian food in particular, I would order a personal favorite and common dish
  • The bread was delicious, with such a warm and fresh taste
  • I thought I was hungry enough to be able to polish it all off in that one night, but I was wrong

• by kirbystar7

I have eaten at Olive Garden a few times, and despite my affinity for Italian food, I did not find my experiences in the restaurant any thing special or exciting. When my aunt compared the Macaroni Grill that just opened near our neighborhood to Olive Garden and praised it, I did not anticipate going there. She insisted that I join her and the rest of the family for dinner next time they decided to go to Macaroni Grill and I caved under the social pressure.

I must admit, that when I stepped in to Macaroni Grill for the first time, I walked in on a man singing at the top of his lungs a happy birthday in Italian to a lucky customer. The environment was bustling and very lively. The

dim lighting with the glow from an open kitchen set a very nice atmosphere. My family and I did not make dinner reservations and so we were asked to wait with a beeper for a long thirty minutes.

When we were finally escorted to a table, I noticed that the table was covered with not a table cloth but a large sheet of white paper. I then noticed our waiter take out some crayons to write on the table some specials and options ask we asked him about the menu. As I looked through the menu, I could tell that it was typed with details in order to entice customers to try different dishes. Whenever I go to a new restaurant, however, I always decided to order a basic and ...

• well known dish from the certain cuisine because I figure that it will be difficult or unwise for the restaurant to mess up such a popular dish. I decided that for Italian food in particular, I would order a personal favorite and common dish: fettuccine alfredo with chicken.

Before our entrees, however, we were brought a puffy fresh square of bread to eat with olive oil, which was sprinkled with ground black pepper. The bread was delicious, with such a warm and fresh taste. I could have eaten it all evening! My aunt ordered an appetizer of fried calamari to share between the family members. This same dish has become a favorite of mine. I loved the crispy breading of the calamari, especially the creamy dipping sauce were given in

addition to red basil sauce.

When my main dish arrived, I realized how much pasta I had been given. The portion was so large! I thought I was hungry enough to be able to polish it all off in that one night, but I was wrong. I ultimately needed to ask for a take out box. The fettuccine alfredo at Macaroni Grill was delicious, perhaps my favorite that any restaurant has ever made for me. It was not drowned in sauce but it was not too dry and flavorless. If I may so, it is absolute perfection. The take out box in a aluminum container so the customer prepare the pasta in the same way at home and enjoy just as he or she did at the restaurant. I love Macaroni Grill!

Romano's Macaroni Grill Restaurant

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 718061150570330/k2311a0618/6.18.10