St. Ives Whitening Apricot Scrub for All Skin Types  » Cosmetics  »
  • After returning from a holiday to India I noticed how tan my skin had become from being outdoors in the sweltering heat of the Indian summer
  • So when I saw the Whitening scrub I thought why not
  • It does have several kinds of alcohol in it, which I am fine with and I think it does well on my oily skin
  • I bought the scrub for S$9.80, which was slightly more expensive than the St. Ives regular scrub
  • This is no doubt the best facial scrub that I have used thus far and I recommend it to everyone out there as this product is made for all skin types

• by true_value

After returning from a holiday to India I noticed how tan my skin had become from being outdoors in the sweltering heat of the Indian summer. I knew this is going to take a long while to go back to normal and I began to look out for products that will help lift the tan as fast as possible.

While looking for facial cleansers I noticed the St. Ives Whitening Apricot Scrub for all skin types. I have been using the St. Ives regular Invigorating Apricot Scrub for a while and very satisfied with it. So when I saw the Whitening scrub I thought why not?

A whitening scrub might just be the answer to correct my skin tone. I picked up a tube for further inspection.

The packaging was similar to all St. Ives scrubs.

It was a big squeeze tube of 6 oz (170g) with a big flat flip-top cap. In the front the label claimed to naturally cleanse, leaving skin fresher, more vibrant and brighter looking.

I was glad to see that the scrub was Oil-free because I suffer from oily skin. At the back, St. Ives claimed that the Oil-free, deep cleansing formula gently exfoliates, removing dull, dead skin cells to reveal smooth radiant, brighter-looking skin.

The ingredients list had an impressive listing of herbs and extracts. I was glad to see the mention of glycerin and no petroleum products. It does have several kinds of alcohol in it, which I am fine with and I think it does well on my oily skin. It was great to see Salicylic acid high up on the list.

I bought the ...

• scrub for S$9.80, which was slightly more expensive than the St. Ives regular scrub.

I decided to use it in shower. As per the instructions on the tube I applied the scrub all over my face and neck avoiding the delicate eye area and rinsed. The smell was similar to the St. Ives invigorating scrub it had that same pleasant apricot scent. The texture was creamy and thick and had a generous amount of exfoliating particles which is as mentioned on the ingredients list Walnut shell powder.

It felt really gentle and soothing on my skin and was not abrasive or irritating at all and after I rinsed with warm water I was amazed at how soft and fresh my face felt. I felt it did a better job than the invigorating scrub.

My face did not feel dry or taut. Nor did it make my skin oilier or give me any breakouts.

After using the scrub twice a week for couple of months my tan was completely gone. I also had been using it on my arms by adding a bit with my body wash. Although I don’t have the tan anymore but I have decided to continue sticking with this as I feel that this one keeps my skin looking fresher and brighter when compared with the St. Ives invigorating scrub.

St. Ives claims that this product was not tested on animals and that makes me feel even better using it.

This is no doubt the best facial scrub that I have used thus far and I recommend it to everyone out there as this product is made for all skin types.

SDA says :

where can you purchase this St Ives Whitening Apricot Scrub? Everywhere I look, it appears that it has been discontinued. Has it been discontinue? If not, where is it and why is it so hard to find. The other products are sold in the stores, why not this particular product being sold in stores such as Walmart, CVS etc…

true_value replies :

Hi SDA, Like all Whitening cosmetics and skin care products most of them are developed for and marketed only in Asian countries. As you know the light want to get darker and the dark wants to get lighter . As a matter of fact I have this cleanser listed on my ebay. If you are interested you can make a purchase and I can ship it to you. Hope this helped

khosay sharifi says :

hey I really want to buy one, can you email me your ebay or the link of this product please…

anne lei says :

The reviewer is in no way connected with the manufacturer. You can check Ebay for the supplier of this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118061150560330/k2311a0618/6.18.10