Santikos Rialto Cinema Bar and Grill  » Entertainment  »
0.5
2938 NE Loop 410 San Antonio, TX 78218
  • We noticed the prices were fairly cheaper than any other theater I’d visited in the city
  • I wanted to have this experience of dining and watching and now it was ruined
  • They are the one’s who are supposed to rectify the problem
  • I know the manager didn’t want to deal with anyone and just refused to come out
  • I wouldn’t recommend anyone go to this supposed cinema bar and grill

• by adrean_j

I had seen some advertisements for the Santikos Rialto Cinema Bar and Grill. I wanted to try it because it was a movie theater where I could have a drink and eat, while watching the movie. It is similar to dinner theater. I’d never experienced anything like that, so I was really looking forward to going. My husband and I arrived right on time for the start of the show. We noticed the prices were fairly cheaper than any other theater I’d visited in the city. The prices are only cheaper because they sell food and alcohol in the theater. As we walked in the cinema, we saw the waitress taking orders. We sat down and didn’t get offered a menu. Luckily the people next to us gave us their menu. We sat it up straight on the table so that the waitress could know that we were ready to order. She came and

started delivering orders and we still couldn’t get her to come to us. We were looking directly at her and even waived our arms. I guess she wanted to pretend she didn’t see us, or she was just plain blind.

My husband eventually had enough waiting and went outside to ask for some service before the movie started. They refused to help and insisted that the waitress would take our order. Well the movie started and she never did come to take our order. This really ticked me off, because I could of just watched a movie at any theater in the city. I wanted to have this experience of dining and watching and now it was ruined. Think about sitting there watching everybody enjoying there drinks and food, and not getting anything. My husband was livid. He wanted to go out and complain right then and there, but I wanted him to calm down ...

• first and watch the movie. He can get really hot headed in these kind of situations

.. The movie was enjoyable and the theater was clean. It was kind of small. The seats were adequately spaced with a table in front of every few seats. The seating was just right, so that the screen is perfectly visible from each and every seat. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie itself, but the experience was horrible. As we left the theater, we asked to speak to the manger. The employee that we spoke to seemed to be smirking at us as he said he would go get the manager. I didn’t appreciate his attitude and was really ready to give the manager a piece of my mind about this place.

The employee said that the manager would be out in a moment. I waited for about 15 minutes and asked when the manager was coming . They went back

to check again and he still didn’t come out. The employee told me that he said a few more minutes. My husband was starting to boil over. We decided to just leave, because we knew it wasn’t going to be pretty when the manager. That was the worse experience I ever had at a theater. I couldn’t believe that the manager was just as rude as the employees. They are the one’s who are supposed to rectify the problem. I know the manager didn’t want to deal with anyone and just refused to come out. I wouldn’t recommend anyone go to this supposed cinema bar and grill. Yes there is a bar in the lobby, but that means nothing if you want to drink while you watch your movie. I don’t know when I will have the chance to try to experience something like this again. There is not theater like this where I live.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5918061150470330/k2311a0618/6.18.10