The City of San Antonio, TX  » Travel  »
San Antonio, TX
  • I don't like rollercoaster's, so this really didn't pose a problem for me
  • The only problem is that it is kind of small for 15 bucks

• by adrean_j

San Antonio is really the underdog to other Texas cities like Houston, and Dallas. Although Houston and Dallas are much larger, San Antonio, still has as much to offer. The city is located kind of in the middle of texas, and is famous for the battle of the Alamo. I first visited San Antonio as a tourist and then later moved there. The weather is hot, but that is usual for most Texas cities. The thing I hated most about San Antonio was the humidity. My hair was always turning into an afro. I hated the fact that all I had to do was take one step outside, and I would start sweating immediately. I

don’t usually sweat in my head, but I did in San Antonio.

San Antonio is home to not one but two major theme parks. There’s Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Seaworld. I’ve personally been to Fiesta Texas two times. It was much different from the other two Six Flags I have visited. It was much smaller, and had way less scary rollercoasters. I don’t like rollercoaster’s, so this really didn’t pose a problem for me. They do have the oldest wooden rollercoaster their. The roadrunner is supposed to be the scariest, but I refuse to get on it. They had plenty of rides for people like me that don’t like scary ones.

San Antonio also has ...

• a large tourist attraction downtown. Almost everything besides the amusement parks are downtown. There is of course the world famous Riverwalk. It is a river that is surrounded by hotels, stores, restaurants, and the mall. The boat tour is really fun and gives you a chance to learn more about the history of San Antonio. I also visited the Ripley’s Believe it or not. It had some pretty cool things in it, and I got to take pictures with there people sized figurines. The only problem is that it is kind of small for 15 bucks. I also went into the Ripley’s Haunted house next door. It was fun while it lasted, but wasn’t long
        enough. Both of these places are across the street from the famous Alamo. It is nice to see a real historic building up close and personal.

The only problem with visiting the attractions of San Antonio, is being out after dark. The mosquitoes there are quite viscious. I had never experienced bites that bad. They were actually bulky, red, and very itchy. If it was only one it wouldn’t have been a problem, but my arms were filled with them. San Antonio, is a great place to take a family vacation. It can also be a great romantic getaway. It has nothing on the exotic countries and cities around the world. It is, however, an affordable and attainable journey.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3818061150440330/k2311a0618/6.18.10