Vick’s Formula 44 Throat Spray  » Medicine  »
1.5
  • It sounded like a good idea, so I went to the store immediately to find something that would get rid of this problem
  • Plus I know that Vick’s a pretty trusted brand
  • I paid 5 dollars for this spray and expected it to work accordingly
  • After a few hours I decided to give the spray another try
  • Unfortunately I was getting the same effects

• by adrean_j

When I was working at this call center germs seemed to pass through there fast. I was sick at least once month, which made it hard to work on the phones. My throat was sore all the time and cough drops just weren’t working for me. Plus it’s not easy to talk clearly with a cough drop in your mouth. I didn’t know what I could use and became irritated with this constant sickness.

People suggested that I use a throat spray of some kind. It sounded like a good idea, so

I went to the store immediately to find something that would get rid of this problem. I looked around and saw a variety of Chloraseptic sprays. I picked up the Vicks formula 44 throat spray.

It guaranteed to relieve throat pain. Plus I know that Vick’s a pretty trusted brand. I figured that it didn’t work, nothing would. I purchased the spray and used it as soon as I got to the car.

I sprayed three sprays and felt the scratchy feeling in my throat go away quickly. It seems that the spray had some sort of numbing effect. I could fell it on the inside of my jaws as well s on the back of my tongue. It was tingling sensation that I got, and felt something like the tooth numbing medication Orajel.

I started to fell discouraged when the actual swallowing pain was still there. I paid 5 dollars for this spray and expected it to work accordingly. I was waiting a while to see if I was going to start feeling any effects. When I got home, I still ...

• Vick's Formula 44 Throat Spray
      didn’t feel anything different.

I sprayed a few more sprays to see if it would help. It had a small effect, but the sever swallowing pain was still there. This was the actual pain I was trying to get rid of. The scratchy feeling is not as bad as the throbbing feeling.

The spray was supposed to be cherry flavored, but if you spray it on your throat, you’re not supposed to feel much of anything. After a few hours I decided to give the spray another try. Unfortunately I was getting

the same effects. The spray maybe made my throat feel about 10 percent better.

This is not a considerable amount, especially when we’re talking about pain. After realizing that this spray was a waste of time, I just gave up. I drank some Theraflu. The Theraflu worked ten times better than the spray and it wasn’t even directed toward sore throats specifically.

I don’t think anyone should waste their time on this product, unless they have a very minor soar throat. Plus it is kind of bulky and hard to carry around when going out somewhere.

Ketaki Kadam says :

re : Unfortunately I was getting the same effects
Yeah.even I decided to give it a try but I don’t know why but it doesn’t kill our sickness and even its taste is like yukkss…

Galega says :

It is generally recommended for throat problem like soreness and mild cough. However, it is meant for temporary use. You may not expect it to give permanent relief. If your condition has not improved within 2 - 3 days, then speak to a physician as you may need other medicines.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2618061150380230/k2311a0618/6.18.10