Ginvera Natural Bath, Anti-Bacterial Cooling Shower Foam  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I decided to use it just one time and keep it if it worked and if it didn’t then I would give it away
  • Well I know it does not sound nice but it is better than dumping it and I don’t like to see a product going to waste and I believe that what did not work for me might work well for someone else
  • I admit it was an enjoyable showering experience with the mint scent and cooling sensation
  • I noticed that the level of anti-bacterial agent Triclosan is quite high in the body wash, which might not be a good thing for skin

• by true_value

My husband picked this up while we were shopping for our weekly supply of groceries at the supermarket. We had some vouchers to use and while paying at the cashier we were informed that there was an amount of S$7.00 remaining unused and that we get something to use the value fully.

My husband grabbed this from the nearby shelf as it was priced at S$6.90 and he didn’t want to go back into the store to look for things when there were a lot of people waiting in the queue. The bottle was huge and shaped like an urn. It was a 1000ml bottle with a pump dispenser. I wanted so much to return it and get my favorite body wash but checked myself.

I had never used Ginvera body washes before I have used one of their face washes and didn’t

like it that much. It was too moisturizing for my oily skin and my skin had breakouts like hell even though it claimed to be oil controlling and acne reducing. The price of the Ginvera body wash though is at the inexpensive side while compared with other brands.

Well, I didn’t touch the body wash until I didn’t finish up my favorite body wash. Frankly I wanted to skip the body wash and get myself a replacement of other body wash. I couldn’t ask my husband to use it as my husband does not like body washes, as he only prefers using soap.

I admit I did have some curiosity especially since the humongous bottle was at home and trying something new is always exciting. I mustered up my courage and decided to give it a shot.

I decided to use it just one time and keep it if it worked and if it didn’t then I would give it away. Well I know it does not sound nice but it is better than dumping it and I don’t like to see a product going to waste and I believe that what did not work for me might work well for someone else. I have a very sensitive skin and only select products work on me.

I studied what was on the label. The front label claimed that the body wash was enriched with Bio Mineral Vinegar Essence, provide 24 Hours defense from bacteria and that it had 100% natural active ingredients and cooling with triple action.

At the back of the bottle the product claimed to be enriched with natural active ingredients such as Bio Mineral vinegar Essence,

• Ginvera Natural Bath, Anti-Bacterial Cooling Shower Foam
      Triclosan, ginseng, Aloe Vera and Peppermint. It claims to get rid of skin rashes, dry, cracked skin with complete and effective nutrients and that using this will make skin moisturized, healthy and smooth.

The claims seemed to be promising and I got ready for my shower. The body wash was pale pearly blue with the consistency of cream shampoo. The smell reminded me of toothpaste that was perhaps because of the peppermint in it. It lathered a lot and did feel cool and tingly on my skin.

I admit it was an enjoyable showering experience with the mint scent and cooling sensation. And it seemed to leave a film on the skin like the label claimed. But after drying up I felt that my skin needed lotion, as it was slightly dry.

All in all it was not a bad experience I

decided to continue using it. But after using it for a week I felt that my skin that is normally oily felt overly dry and itchy if I didn’t use a lotion after shower. Sadly it was too late to even give it away to someone and the bottle still had so much remaining.

But I didn’t want to spoil my skin further with it. Perhaps the anti-bacterial properties of this bodywash are way too strong. I can’t imagine what this can do to dry skin users if it can dry up a super oily skin type like mine. I noticed that the level of anti-bacterial agent Triclosan is quite high in the body wash, which might not be a good thing for skin.

I guess Ginvera and I don’t get along and so I have to say goodbye to all Ginvera skin products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118061150300230/k2311a0618/6.18.10