Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • The moment I saw these samples, I thought they were simply glossy paper handouts for marketing such items
  • While tidying up the cluttered mess that was left from unpackaging the mail, I read the samples anyway before tossing them to the garbage bin and noticed the paper-thin packets stickered on each leaflet
  • I decide to get the loose powder but the samples provide an interesting opportunity for me to see if the foundation is a great deal
  • Pure Beige is number 02 in the medium spectrum, the samples outlined all the foundation shades which were quite comprehensive in my opinion
  • I’ll recommend this inexpensive product to thrifty beginners as well as people suffering from acne given its skin-friendly attributes

• by jhunie

A good seller from ebay whom I ordered several cosmetics, mainly Maybelline, kindly gave me 3 samples of this liquid foundation tucked inside my purchases. The moment I saw these samples, I thought they were simply glossy paper handouts for marketing such items. While tidying up the cluttered mess that was left from unpackaging the mail, I read the samples anyway before tossing them to the garbage bin and noticed the paper-thin packets stickered on each leaflet. So it made sense that the papers were miniscule product samples. The mineral foundation is another option instead of the loose powder foundation. I decide to get the loose powder but the samples provide an interesting opportunity for me to see if the foundation is a great deal.

I was surprised by how much coverage the tiny packets had produced, or rather that the liquid foundation was really a lot of mileage for such a small amount. A pea-sized squeeze can cover both cheeks and yet the coverage was pretty good, decent enough to conceal my brown spots. The foundation blended well despite its very neutral tone. The packets were all in medium

shade which I expected to be muddy. Pure Beige is number 02 in the medium spectrum, the samples outlined all the foundation shades which were quite comprehensive in my opinion. The color fared well to my skin adding a healthy even tone for my sallow complexion.

I like how the foundation creates a subtle bronzing shade to contour my face especially along the bones. It’s not utterly mineral in coverage which means that the coverage resembles more of a straightforward foundation finish than a shimmering light-diffusing touch to the face. The pigments have no glitzy shimmers in it, good for a clean look because the foundation is very natural. It seems that the product doesn’t specify whether it tends to be on the matte side or otherwise. I can say it’s not matte nor does it appear dewy. It leaves a nice sheen however which I suppose is my favorite.

What’s good about this foundation is the texture. It applies quite thinly due to its fluid consistency. It’s not a creamy buttery maquillage that cakes. The liquid formula is comparable to tinted moisturizers which don’t settle to a streaky ...

• texture especially if you use brush. I didn’t like the way my cratered acne scars seem to look obvious but I think the buffed sheen of this foundation helps to disguise it in a way. I noticed a raw paint-like smell upon applying the liquid, kind of like thinner or the usual nail polish scent but was gone in a minute. The mineral foundation doesn’t have any overbearing scent.

I just dab the liquid with my bare hands spreading them evenly because its consistency is not difficult to work with. I don’t suppose you need silicone sponge to apply the liquid. I aced it up in probably less than a minute - so fast, I usually get done powdering my face for much longer. I got delayed finishing my makeup while attending to the traffic of SMS and calls in my phone so it took several minutes when I resumed applying all the last finishing touches. I tapped my finger and the foundation was still slightly damp. There’s a trace of mineral on my finger which made me think the foundation could be easily rubbed off if not allowed to

absorb thoroughly. I had to blot it with tissue, really showing some residue of the foundation whilst the coverage on my face remained intact.

I set the foundation with my Maybelline finishing veil, a loose snowy perfecting powder. I did some legwork after that and the foundation was fine but quite oily by the time I got home. My imperfections were still effectively concealed, I thought this foundation was a great cover up but as the same beauty circumstances, it didn’t stand up to my oily skin. The mineral product is laden with spf 18 and I peered to dig on its ingredients, containing some mild oxide components good for sun protection.

I don’t think I need another liquid foundation for the moment, in case I ran out though, then I’ll have to find a better sweat-resisting product compared to this one. I believe this has the workings of a good mineral foundation, very plain and has great corrective properties. I’ll recommend this inexpensive product to thrifty beginners as well as people suffering from acne given its skin-friendly attributes.

Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118061149870230/k2311a0618/6.18.10