Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuos Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • I did however decide to give this mascara a try because there have been some mascaras that I like and that work well for me even if I didn't like the original mascara in that line
  • When I saw the brush, it wasn't the weirdest brush that I've ever seen but it's definitely one of the weirdest
  • When I saw the brush, I thought for sure I was going to end up not liking this mascara
  • The formula was very thin and it looked glossy, I suppose that 'Black Patent Shine' they claim however when I applied it to my lashes I didn't noticed my lashes being any darker or shiner then when I applied any other mascara
  • I don't think I will be trying the next mascara that comes out in the Last Stiletto line, if another one even comes out, and I wouldn't recommend anyone to try any of these mascaras

• by JCandyce

I was a little hesitant about buying this Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Mascara because I didn’t like the original Lash Stiletto mascara at all and it didn’t give me good results, it was in fact one of the worst mascaras that I have ever tried by Maybelline. I did however decide to give this mascara a try because there have been some mascaras that I like and that work well for me even if I didn’t like the original mascara in that line.

I was hoping that with this one that they would improve the scent, the original Lash Stiletto mascara was horrible and one of the most horrendous mascaras that I have ever smelled. This mascara is just as bad. Like the original, this mascara has that same strong chemically scented smell. It’s baffling why a mascara has to smell the way that this one day. The smell alone makes me barely want to use the mascara. I

can even smell it when I’m applying the mascara and when I’m waiting for the mascara to dry on my lashes.

When I saw the brush, it wasn’t the weirdest brush that I’ve ever seen but it’s definitely one of the weirdest. This has a curved mascara brush and it’s not just curved once, it’s curved twice, so basically the brush looks like a ‘S’. When I saw the brush, I thought for sure I was going to end up not liking this mascara. The smell and the brush shape was enough to make me not even want to eve try the mascara but I did anyway.

Applying this mascara was, for the most part, complicated. I kept trying to run the whole S brush through my lashes and it just wasn’t happening. The whole brush never touched my lashes, only part of the brush did. I didn’t see the sense of making the brush shaped liked that and ...

• then not even have it be where the whole brush touches your lashes. I gave up with trying and just focused on applying the mascara.

The formula was very thin and it looked glossy, I suppose that ‘Black Patent Shine’ they claim however when I applied it to my lashes I didn’t noticed my lashes being any darker or shiner then when I applied any other mascara. The difference between this mascara and the original one was suppose to be that this one will give more volume, and while I can say that this mascara definitely made my lashes long, that’s the only thing that I can say this mascara has done for me.

This mascara didn’t thicken my lashes at all so while it was adding length to my lashes and giving them all this volume, it didn’t make my lashes thicker or make them look any fuller so my lashes were just becoming long thin lashes that

I didn’t like at all. My lashes look very spidery, which is the similar look that I got from the original Lash Blast mascara as well, it’s just now my lashes looked a little longer and curved up more in volume.

Overall stay away from this mascara. As soon as I was done applying it, I washed it off because it made my lashes look horrible and very spidery looking. The only thing that I liked about this mascara was that it came in the same kind of mascara tube as the original except it has a red tube color and the mascara tube is very cute. The mascara itself though, I hate.

I don’t think I will be trying the next mascara that comes out in the Last Stiletto line, if another one even comes out, and I wouldn’t recommend anyone to try any of these mascaras. Maybelline definitely has better mascaras then these. I’m giving this a 1.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118061149840230/k2311a0618/6.18.10