Scars On Broadway - Funny (Song)  » Music  »
  • Going into the chorus of the song, some synthesizers come in to accompany Malakian and the rest of the band which gives the song a very unique tone to say the least, but it’s a very enjoyable sound in my opinion
  • Malakian sings in a much more melodic tone on Funny than on Serious so he definitely demonstrates the versatility in his voice just in the first two tracks of this record
  • The lyrics don’t make a lot of sense to me, although none of Malakian’s lyrics have ever made all that much sense to me, but the vocal melody and the lyrics go together extremely nicely and I think this song has one of the best flows throughout on the entire record, it’s one of my personal favorites on the entire album as a matter of fact
  • Overall, I love the sense of melody which Malakian has in this track and sort of the space-like feel which the synthesizers give this song, certainly one of my favorite tracks on the entire record

• by Grimmy101

Funny is a song by Scars On Broadway which appears on their self-titled debut record. Going along with Serious, the opening track of the album, Funny is sort of the opposite of Serious because it is far more melodic and more moderately paced than Serious which was extremely aggressive and quite fast as well.

Funny starts off with a light guitar riff and Malakian singing over it right away in quite a melodic delivery in

a tone which I personally like quite a bit.

Going into the chorus of the song, some synthesizers come in to accompany Malakian and the rest of the band which gives the song a very unique tone to say the least, but it’s a very enjoyable sound in my opinion.

Malakian sings in a much more melodic tone on Funny than on Serious so he definitely demonstrates the versatility in his voice just in the ...

• first two tracks of this record.

The lyrics don’t make a lot of sense to me, although none of Malakian’s lyrics have ever made all that much sense to me, but the vocal melody and the lyrics go together extremely nicely and I think this song has one of the best flows throughout on the entire record, it’s one of my personal favorites on the entire album as a matter of fact.

The music itself

is quite simple, as with most music Malakian seems to write, but everything comes together very nicely and he definitely demonstrates that he’s quite an accomplished songwriter and continues to impress me with his work, particularly his more melodic work such as Funny.

Overall, I love the sense of melody which Malakian has in this track and sort of the space-like feel which the synthesizers give this song, certainly one of my favorite tracks on the entire record.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1418061149760130/k2311a0618/6.18.10