Fougera Triple Antibiotic Ointment  » Medicine  »
  • I saw with my own eyes with this ointment did, but did not fully experience it for myself
  • It is probably not the best idea to use it on young children
  • I have had my tube for quite some time, and I know that I have plenty if ever needed

• by adrean_j

When my son was born the doctor gave me some Fougera antibiotic ointment to treat his circumcision. I was told to use it at each diaper change. I applied the ointment on his sore area as directed. Within a week he was fully healed up and a lot less cranky. The ointment obviously did it’s job to protect from infection and bacteria. I saw with my own eyes with this ointment did, but did not fully experience it for myself. A couple of months later, I got a pretty bad burn when I was cooking. It was red and peeling.

I was going to head to the store to buy some Neosporin, before I remembered the ointment.

When I first applied it, the area started to burn horribly. It felt like someone was pouring alcohol right into my wound. I had to be an adult and wait it out. After the burning feeling went away, I startled to feel like a tingling itch. I usually use Neosporin and was not used to this feeling. It had a completely different texture. It felt like a cross between Vaseline and baby oil. It was thick but slippery. I kept applying the ointment ...

• and cleaning the area twice a day. Over the days, the area was quite itchy and irritated. Within six days, my burn was healed. This is not joke. I wish I could get some more of this ointment.

I have also applied this ointment to my daughter’s face when she fell. She almost lost her mind when I applied the ointment. She kept screaming that it was burning and it hurt. I had to wash it off of her. It made me realize that my pain tolerance has to be much higher than hers. I really didn’t think it would hurt

her that much. It makes me wonder, how my baby was feeling when I applied the ointment on him. All in all this is a very strong and worthy antibiotic ointment. It is probably not the best idea to use it on young children. They might not be able to take the burn. You only need to apply a very thin layer because it is very effective. I have had my tube for quite some time, and I know that I have plenty if ever needed. This ointment effectively prevents infection and teh growth of bacteria in cuts, burns, and scrapes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2618061149630130/k2311a0618/6.18.10