Tums Ultra Antacid Tablets  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • Unfortunately for me, heartburn follows me through life
  • I have had a problem with it ever since I had my first child
  • I really wouldn't recommend tums to anyone with a serious heartburn problem

• by adrean_j

Unfortunately for me, heartburn follows me through life. I have had a problem with it ever since I had my first child. That would be about 5 years. Over the years I have taken Alka-Seltzer as my number one choice.

However during my pregnancy alka-seltzer was not permitted. For the first time I had to try either tums, rolaids, or maalox tablets. I decided to purchase the tum ultras.

They were berry flavored and came in a roll.

The grittiness of the tums made me naseaous when I first chewed them. After your chew them, they feel soemthing like a goo in your mouth.

When I swallow tums it feels weird going down, but gives relief almost instantly. Although I got relief instantly, it was very short lived. I would say that I went from feeling perfectly fine to feeling like I never took anything within one hour.

So I took another dose of the tablet ...

• and got the same effect. Tums Ultra are not very potent and I usually have to make more than teh recommended dose. I usually have to take 4 or 5 at a time to get relief.

The problem is that I have to take way too many. I can’t possibly take a dose of 4 or 5 every hour. Well I just about had to.

I would have to purchase a back or bottle of tums every few

days. It was becoming pricey, and my body was starting to get used to the medication. It got to the point that it would only work for half an hour.

I would also take tums and then drink water. When I drank the water, it made the heartburn return immediately. I felt like I was losing my mind.

I really wouldn’t recommend tums to anyone with a serious heartburn problem. If you have mild heartburn hear and there, this product is okay.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2618061149580130/k2311a0618/6.18.10