Continental Electric Iron  » Housewares  »
  • After about two months it started to act a little funny
  • However, I have purchased items in the pass that were cheaper than this and worked a little better

• by adrean_j

I was looking for an iron, because my iron had cracked and broke. I knew I didn’t want to spend too much on an iron. I looked around and saw some for 30 and 40 dollars. I knew I couldn’t possibly pay that much for an iron.

It was just not logical to me. I saw one that was on ten bucks. It was the Continental electric iron.

I figured I might as well buy it. When I first bought the iron it seemed to be

working well. After about two months it started to act a little funny.

When I would put water in the iron and put on the steam feature, it wouldn’t work. It would spit out water instead of steam and get my clothes wet. Then when I iron over it to dry it, it leaves a bit of a stain.

I didn’t really like this at all, because I had plenty of whites to iron. The iron is lightweight, but sometimes does not like to sit up ...

• properly. It can easily fall with just a small nudge or shake.

I also didn’t like the fact that it started to turn really black really quickly. I don’t run the iron all day, so there is no reason this should have happened. I guess I can’t complain too much because you get what you pay for.

However, I have purchased items in the pass that were cheaper than this and worked a little better. The iron still works, but I only iron certain garments with

it. I use it for heavy duty garments like jeans.

I don’t use it on sensitive garments that require a lot of heat control. Though there are multiple garment settings, they don’t seem to ever work correctly or produce the correct amount of heat. This iron is okay if you really need something and don’t have a lot to spend.

I advise that anyone who can afford just spend the extra few bucks. The Continental iron hasn’t seriously damaged any of my clothes, so it is not so bad.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5318061149520130/k2311a0618/6.18.10