Las Cruces Brand Tortillas
0.5
  • I love Mexican food and eat it at least two to three times a week
  • I decided to just visit my local Albertson’s store
  • I like them to be fluffy and easy to wrap
  • I hadn’t had this experience with a flour tortilla before, and was a little shocked

• by adrean_j

I love Mexican food and eat it at least two to three times a week. I love to make different kinds of burritos and tacos, so I usually try to keep some sort of tortillas in the house at all time. I usually buy the Wal-Mart brand Great Value. However, I was unable to make it to there because of the traffic and the crowds.

I decided to just visit my local Albertson’s store. Everything

is pretty expensive in there. The prices were about double Wal-Mart’s so I just picked up the cheapest tortillas I could find.

They were named Las Cruces Brand flour tortillas. I could tell they seemed a little hard, but figured I wasn’t going to pay a fortune for the other ones. It seems these packaged tortillas are locally made.

I don’t understand how the locals could make something this bad, when we live on the ...

• Mexican border. The tortillas were quite hard, stiff, and thin. They had not softness to them at all.

How is it that Wal-Mart’s factory makes better tortillas than this. I like them to be fluffy and easy to wrap. To the contrary these were very stiff and hard to wrap.

Even after I would heat them up, they were still hard to wrap properly. When I bit into the tortillas, they were kind of tough.

I hadn’t had this experience with a flour tortilla before, and was a little shocked.

I even cooked them on the stove top with a little butter to soften them up. It had about a 15 percent effect on them. I also heated them up without any oil, but it still did not soften up.

I wouldn’t purchase these tortillas again. I don’t want to pay for something that will later taste stale, and ruin my meal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718061149450130/k2311a0618/6.18.10