Veteran’s Park  » General  »
5301 Salem St El Paso, TX 79924
  • I never really noticed how small the park was
  • I know all parks do not guarantee shade, but it is terribly hot in El Paso
  • There is a convenient store conveniently located across the street

• by adrean_j

The park nearest my home is one of the only parks in the area. It has been there for years, and I remember from when I was a child. I never really noticed how small the park was. I also did not notice the lack of shading. I guess the recreation department figured kids can’t complain about much.

The park is usually clean, but on occasion can have a little litter. There are always police patrolling around, so there is never a need to feel unsafe at Veteran’s park. The park

itself is quite large, but the equipment and resources are not. The recreation center only has a half court basketball court and a few foosball tables.

The play area has a jungle gym and about 5 swings. This would be plenty if the park was not always packed. Especially on weekends. There is not enough room for all of the kids to play.

There is also a baseball stadium, indoor pool and little skater area. The rest of the park is pretty much grass. Yes, grass but not many trees. I ...

• know all parks do not guarantee shade, but it is terribly hot in El Paso.

A few big trees would be nice. What I hate the most is that the pool is always overcrowded. I don’t think I ever went there when it wasn’t full of life. On Saturdays they usually have little league soccer games there.

When this happens it is almost impossible to find parking. I never dare venture to Veteran’s on Saturday. For those who love exercising, there is a track that runs around the whole park. It

is marked so I can know exactly what distance I have walked or ran that day.

The park is in a good location. I feel the neighborhood is friendly. I can vouch because I have lived there for so long. There is a convenient store conveniently located across the street.

It is perfect to be able to just take a stroll across the street and get an ice cold beverage on these hot days. All in all this park is pretty decent. The kids will have plenty of space to run and jump around.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 118061149430130/k2311a0618/6.18.10