Benedryl
  • I think that is one of the worse feelings a person can ever have
  • I was happy that my nose was at least clear
  • I like resting, but I don't want to rest to the point that it is hard for me to wake up
  • When I told everyone about my experience, they all agreed to have the same experience

• by adrean_j

As a child and teenager, I suffered from horrible allergies. These allergies were accompanied by headaches, watery eyes, runny nose, and a clogged nose. I think that is one of the worse feelings a person can ever have. I got tired of walking around sneezing all of the time and being scared to go outside in the windy season. I had a date one night and wanted to be able to take something.

My allergies had been acting up all day, and I didn’t want to sneeze all through my date. I was thinking about how embarassing it would be. I

went to the store and picked up some Benadryl. I had never tried it before, but my sister told me that she had used it for her allergies before.

I took the medicine. First I felt great, I was outside and wasnt’ suffering form sniffling and sneezing. I was really relieved from the itchy feeling in my eyes and nose. After about an hour I started to feel an overwhelming urge to sleep.

It’s like sleep was calling my name. The worst part is that we were heading to the movies. Of course I fell asleep in the movie, but the ...

• worse part is that I drooled. It was so hard to stay awake.

I mentally couldn’t fight the sleep not matter how much I tried. I was happy that my nose was at least clear. This actually kept me from snoring. On the ride home, I felt a little refreshed from the mini nap, but still very groggy.

I did not realize that Benadryl makes you so tired. I wish I would have read the box more carefully. I don’t see the point in clearing your allergies, if you have to be asleep to do so. I like resting, but I

don’t want to rest to the point that it is hard for me to wake up.

Benadryl is probably better to take for colds, than allergies. People like to sleep when they are sick. This is the perfect medicine for them. When I told everyone about my experience, they all agreed to have the same experience.

It was a good feeling to know that I wasn’t just too weak to handle the medicine. I can see why it is not recommended to drink with this medication. I’m sure I wouldn’t of woke up for hours if I would have had a drink with it.

Benedryl

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2618061149360130/k2311a0618/6.18.10