Great Value Fancy Shredded Cheddar Cheese  » Food  »
  • This might be a funny item to review, but you know what, I just had to try it after seeing my wife eat it with her morning coffee over and over again
  • The soft, slightly salty, cheesy taste turned out to be very nice - and different from regular or sliced Cheddar, just like my wife said

• by Frederick
      This might be a funny item to review, but you know what, I just had to try it after seeing my wife eat it with her morning coffee over and over again. I had to try it and form my own opinion.

I had to see how it is different

from regular or sliced Cheddar cheese and why she prefers it.

Let me start by saying that I am not really a “cheese” person.

I don’t dislike cheese, I’ll eat it in different dishes and sandwiches, but I am not big enough of a fan to eat it just like ...

• that ‘ plain cheese.

Let alone shredded.

Isn’t it meant for salads and such?

Anyway, I guess you now understand my wife’s surprise when, during her coffee ritual, I had suddenly expressed my desire to try her shredded Cheddar.

When allowed, I did what she does: took a handful and

sent it to my mouth.

Strangely enough, I did like it! The soft, slightly salty, cheesy taste turned out to be very nice - and different from regular or sliced Cheddar, just like my wife said.

Now I believe her… And now open packages of Fancy Shredded Cheddar Cheese disappear much faster in our house.

Adam White says :

Hi there my name is Adam White i bought a page of taco blend cheddar cheese and i found some plastic in it so i would appreciat if you would contect ASAP so we can resolve this mater. My number is 574 806 3512

John says :

Great value is an in-house Wal-Mart brand. This is something that has to be done through Wal-Mart. As the company’s not likely to provide feedback here I would suggest submitting the complaint via the Wal-Mart website. There’s a section for these type of product complaints:

dina abdelkhaleq says :

Hi I`d like to know what kind of enzymes is used in your cheese both chedder and montzerella is it pork or cow? thanks

John says :

Neither of these are halal. They both contain pork derivatives.

Galega says :

Rennin, which is an enzyme used in coagulating cheese, is obtained from milk-fed calves. It is made of pork, not beef. And, this information is provided on the pack itself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272712114930931/k2311a1227/12.27.06