Coleman 62-Quart Xtreme Wheeled Cooler
  • We have no problem packing it up with food and drinks, and keeping it all cool
  • Would I recommend the Coleman 62-Quart Xtreme Wheeled Cooler

• by GAVD

Seeing how we like to vacation, we started looking for a replacement for our old cooler chest when it finally died. Granted, backing over it with a 5-ton Suburban didn’t help it much, but you get the point.

It had been years since I even thought about getting another cooler, and so after giving our old chest a proper burial with due rights performed, I went looking for a replacement. I was surprised at how much the market had changed and how good, and bad, coolers had gotten. There was a very wide selection to choose from,

but I went with Coleman since that’s all we ever used for our big chests.

I settled on the Coleman 62-Quart Xtreme Wheeled Cooler because it was simply, well, Xtreme. When you use this cooler you can forget about spills and your ice melting on you, calling for drainage and refills. We packed the ice chamber full of ice then added food and drinks. It really did work as advertised because the ice lasted for the 4 days of our weekend getaway. That’s just awesome in my book, because with our old cooler we’d have to ...

• change the ice and drain it frequently. Plus, what little water was in the new cooler wasn’t difficult to remove because I didn’t have to tilt the cooler to drain it.

The inside area for storing food and drinks is huge, by the way. Coleman says you can put 85 beverage cans and ice inside the Coleman 62-Quart Xtreme Wheeled Cooler with ease, and they mean it. We have no problem packing it up with food and drinks, and keeping it all cool.

This thing is perfect for working outdoors, vacation travels, tailgating, camping, pool parties,

park parties, fishing or hunting trips, and whatever other activity you can think that would require a cooler. It’d even be good in emergencies if the power went out and you needed to keep your perishables refrigerated!

Would I recommend the Coleman 62-Quart Xtreme Wheeled Cooler? Absolutely yes!

Pros: Spacious interior Easy draining Highly maneuverable Easy to move Cools your food and drinks for several days before needing an ice refill Very much affordable given its size Damage resistant exterior

Cons: Its heavy when fully loaded, even with the tow handle Will slide around inside your vehicle or trailer and cause damage unless you lash it down well

Coleman 62-Quart Xtreme Wheeled Cooler

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5318061148961230/k2311a0618/6.18.10