Kennywood Park in West Mifflin, PA  » Other  »
Kennywood Amusement Park West Mifflin, Pennsylvania 15122 (412) 461-8127‎
  • We went and took a paddle boat rental on their lagoon while the kids ran around riding, we thoroughly enjoyed this afternoon relaxation for the adults
  • While the kids try to get us to ride everything, their was no shortage of amazing rides including a few water rides
  • If your not wet from the logjammer, when you get off of the Rapids, I guarantee that you are drenched from head to toe

• by brandon wyse

I figured that we could make a family day out of my local amusement park, so after many years of having not visited our favorite childhood hangout, we decided to make a day of it. Well, to my surprise much has changed and they have made it into one excellent family entertainment spot!

It was a must that we ride roller coasters since they are my favorite, and they have no shortage of roller coasters with 3 old wooden roller coasters, 1 water ride coaster, and a few newer coasters including the newest addition this year the sky rocket which does 0 to 50 in under 3 seconds with tons of loop-de-loops!

They also have the ever popular and huge steel phantom which was at one point the world’s fastest roller coaster! Great time!

Well my wife likes the slower rides, so we spent time going on the exterminator which is like an indoor roller coaster, the cars spin out of control on a hidden track and you don’t know which way your going to be whipped to next! I loved it, she was a little less enthusiastic! Next, we hit Garfield’s adventure which is a 3d adventure (even with the 3d glasses)set in a nice and relaxing boat ride thru an old mill, it was comfortable and nice to get cooled after all the heat outside! We went and took a paddle boat rental on their lagoon while the kids ran around riding, we thoroughly enjoyed this afternoon relaxation for the adults. While the kids try to get us to ride everything, their was no shortage of amazing rides including a few water rides. Once we started to get hot we decided to go on the logjammer, a water roller coaster, the end drop plummeting hundreds of feet to a huge soak zone splash, but nothing prepared us for the raft ride down the rapids on Raging Rapids. If your not wet from the logjammer, when you get off of the Rapids,

• Kennywood Park in West Mifflin, PA
      I guarantee that you are drenched from head to toe. They even have a park just for the little ones in your family called Kiddie Land, where they have miniature versions of the larger roller coasters and more! They just loved it. For other entertainment, we saw a magic act on their open stage in the middle of the park, and at night their newest addition is a great park laser spectacular which has lasers coming and going from everywhere! Awesome! We had far to many options of playing carnival games and I even won my wife a few stuffed animals. For food, we ate at the potato patch which
      offers some well known french fries with many choices of toppings including the most popular the cheddar cheese! But they have a eatery for everyone from candy apples and cotton candy, to expensive restaurant indoor eating!

All in all, we had a very productive and entertaining day which Kennywood proves you can come to and ride all day and not even come close to have ridden close to all of the rides they offer! They even have a Classic Kennywood with all the old timer favorites from when we where growing up in our era! If you want to take your family somewhere in Western Pennsylvania that is very rewarding and entertaining, Kennywood is definetly the place for you!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1218061148931230/k2311a0618/6.18.10