Omnitech Rubber Computer Keyboard
  • As for cost, I picked it up at a Staples Business depot for less than $20.00 CDN including taxes
  • It certainly, though, provided a convenient solution to my problem

• by sulynsi

Omnitech Rubber Computer Keyboard with USB connection

On my recent travels, I needed to be able to work, but the keypad on my laptop is not easy to use. It is old, and some of the letters are no longer clear.I find the small size of the keyboard uncomfortable.

However, when you are travelling, what other choice have you got?

Enter the rubber keyboard! Yes, a full-sized

keyboard that can be rolled into a cylinder and carried in your laptop bag!

It comes with a USB connector, so it is pretty easy to adapt. For fun, they come in neon colours. Mine is shocking pink! No chance of misplacing it!

It has the added advantage of being completely impermeable, which I promptly put to the test by spilling my coffee on it! What would normally ...

• have been a panicky few moments became merely an inconvenience, while I searched for a way to clean up the mess.

As for cost, I picked it up at a Staples Business depot for less than $20.00 CDN including taxes! Not bad, I thought.

It cannot be said that the rubber keyboard feels like a regular keyboard. It is stiffer and you have to push a

little harder on each key to get results. It takes getting used to. It certainly, though, provided a convenient solution to my problem. It was more useful than the laptop keyboard, and far more portable than bringing a standard keyboard from home.

I don’t use it at home, but I will certainly bring it along on my next trip, to make my work a little easier.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1918061148881230/k2311a0618/6.18.10