(Naturalist) Felix Rodriguez de la Fuente
  • Many people learned to love animals and nature through Felix Rodriguez de la Fuente, not me, not my case because I was born with that love for nature and animals, it has always been my weakness, I love them

• by BCastle

Many people learned to love animals and nature through Felix Rodriguez de la Fuente, not me, not my case because I was born with that love for nature and animals, it has always been my weakness, I love them!

Our Felix Rodriguez de la Fuente was born in 1928 and died in 1980, when I was only four years and I remember those moments, I was shocked, when I not

even know the meaning of the word death, my mother had to explain some to me things because I got home one day saying I had seen Felix on the street, but he had already died, kids stuff.

Felix Rodriguez de la Fuente was a naturalist, propagator of zoology, ethology and protection of nature both in the world of television, like radio, newspapers and books.

He was born in Poza de ...

• la Sal, Burgos. He was a student of medicine specializing in dentistry. But his love of nature soon led him to disclose matters relating to zoology.

In the 1960s he began to write paragraphs in Black and White magazine and appeared on television programs, above all, dedicated to children.

In the 1970s it was who directed various components of publishing works produced Fauna, Fauna Iberica and the logbooks.

But if we remember

him for something there’s no doubt that would be the documentary series he led in 1979 Man and Earth.

It was also the initiator of the association for the protection of nature Adena and he gathered national and international awards.

He died in a plane crash in Alaska, on March 15, 1980, while on the filming of a documentary.

Thanks Felix for all your love to the world of nature!! An extraordinary man!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5218061148861230/k2311a0618/6.18.10