Banquet Fried Chicken TV Dinner  » Food  »
2.5
  • I bought a couple of Banquet fired chicken tv dinners at the store because they were on sale
  • They cost 25 cents more than the other varieties of tv dinner they offer, but I can’t figure out why as they has the same caliber of food inside and roughly the same amount
  • I found that following the instructions resulted in a chicken thigh that could break windows, and potatoes with a frozen center
  • I think what I got was approximate to what the box instructions were aiming for
  • Obviously freezing the food is not the best idea as it does not seem to keep its original quality and texture

• by reviewabit

I bought a couple of Banquet fired chicken tv dinners at the store because they were on sale. They cost 25 cents more than the other varieties of tv dinner they offer, but I can’t figure out why as they has the same caliber of food inside and roughly the same amount. The dinner consists of a chicken thigh, battered, fried and frozen, mashed potatoes and corn.

This is probably not one of the healthiest

options for a meal since it is a fried food paired with nothing but carbohydrate. One big problem is the cooking! If you plan to make this in the microwave, you may want to remove the chicken and cook it separately.

I found that following the instructions resulted in a chicken thigh that could break windows, and potatoes with a frozen center. On my second attempt I went maverick and cooked the chicken separately and ...

• on a low setting.

I think what I got was approximate to what the box instructions were aiming for. The potatoes and corn were bland and unremarkable, and identical to that of any typical tv dinner.

The chicken had a nice flavor, but was very greasy. Because it was microwaved, there was no “crunch” to the coating, but then KFC is not much different with their original recipe.

The oiliness of the meat was a

bit of a putoff. The item was mostly skin and batter, and little actual meat.

I don’t think this meal should warrant a higher price than any of the others. It’s certainly not healthy, and I would probably not buy another one.

Next time I get a craving for fried chicken I will visit a restaurant. Obviously freezing the food is not the best idea as it does not seem to keep its original quality and texture.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717061148720530/k2311a0617/6.17.10