Autumn movie 2009  » Movies  »
1.0
  • I thought perhaps it would be just a touch different because at first, the zombies were not going after people to kill them, but rather wandering around aimlessly and seeming quite benign
  • If I did not know it was David Carradine I was watching, I would have judged by the acting that he was just some guy they picked off the street for the role who had no acting experience whatsoever
  • This is not a movie that I would particularly recommend to anyone, except maybe a serious Carradine fan who just wanted to collect every single thing he ever did

• by reviewabit

rented Autumn on a whim, thinking because there was a small role for David Carradine it might have some value. If this was his last movie, I truly feel sorry for him and his legacy.

It started out with the extremely overdone and predictable premise of “deadly virus kills everybody but a select few, then the bodies turn into zombies” kind of thing.

I thought perhaps it

would be just a touch different because at first, the zombies were not going after people to kill them, but rather wandering around aimlessly and seeming quite benign.

Of course, eventually they started getting aggressive and hungry for flesh.

It wasn’t too gory, although there was a lot of blood on the corpses themselves– as the deadly virus, of course, caused everyone to vomit blood, then drop dead.

There was the obligatory “ angry and in denial” character, the sad one who missed his family, the “leader” who put himself in charge of protecting the others and making crucial decisions, like where to run to next, and the two who fall in love.

I was bored through most of the movie, but amused still at the way the plot followed its template with very few original ...

• Autumn movie 2009
      moments.

I could almost recite the script as it was happening.

Carradine’s character seemed almost to be an afterthought- a crazy old man living with his zombified mother who was discovered by the brave and brazen character while he was bravely walking the streets for no apparent reason.

He thought his mother was still alive, hilariously.

If I did not know it was David Carradine I was watching,

I would have judged by the acting that he was just some guy they picked off the street for the role who had no acting experience whatsoever.

I really felt embarrassed for him.

This is not a movie that I would particularly recommend to anyone, except maybe a serious Carradine fan who just wanted to collect every single thing he ever did.

Other than that, the film has no redeeming values.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117061148690530/k2311a0617/6.17.10