Alpha Relaxation System (Dr. Jeffrey Thompson)  » Health  »
  • I bought this set because I liked the Delta Wave program which is designed to assist sleep, and I found that it worked for me
  • I get the mental image of a stream inside of a cavern, on a very dark and warm night from this sound, and I like it and find it very relaxing
  • But I do enjoy it, it does help me block out noise so I can concentrate, and I would recommend it, especially to people who like Dr. Thompson’s other programs

• by reviewabit

The Alpha Relaxation System by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson is a 2-CD set designed to activate alpha brainwave patterns and encourage relaxation, improve concentration and productivity. It is different from the audio programs designed to help you sleep.

It claims to have a very positive influence on the health and healing. I bought this set because I liked the Delta Wave program which is designed to assist sleep, and I found that it worked for me.

The Alpha program is intended for use when you are awake and is recommended for studying, reading,

creative work, etc. I am playing it now as I write this.

I have found that it helps to block out interruptive noises from the atmosphere, and as it is steady and droning for the most part, it does not distract you from what you are doing. In this way, it actually does increase my ability to perform or create.

The program starts with a low rumbling water sound, a much darker sound than what you generally hear in recorded streams or rivers. As it progresses, synthesized strings and airy mantra ...

• like tones envelope the air, effectively blocking all other noise around you.

In this portion of the CD I am often left feeling I could easily sleep, which is not its intention, but it tends to make me feel “trance-like. ” Other melodies from piano arrive later in the program, but always the soft, droning dark water sounds are present.

I get the mental image of a stream inside of a cavern, on a very dark and warm night from this sound, and I like it and find it very relaxing.

As to whether I have actually created more or been more productive because of using this, I have to say I do think it has worked that way for me, even though I do have “sleepy moments” while listening.

I don’t know if it really affects the brainwaves, or if I just like the sound. It is difficult to tell without medical testing, I guess.

But I do enjoy it, it does help me block out noise so I can concentrate, and I would recommend it, especially to people who like Dr. Thompson’s other programs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417061148570530/k2311a0617/6.17.10