Shilla Bakery  » Restaurants  »
7039 Little River Turnpike, Annandale, VA 22003
  • I decided to follow her this time when she went to Shilla
  • I felt a little under dressed when I noticed that the customers were dressed in a very trendy and chic manner
  • I decided to pick up the bread with the mocha filling because it looked interesting
  • There was a big loaf of mocha bread that I think I will try next time I come back to Shilla
  • My sister ordered a frozen yogurt bing soo, which I found to be pretty expensive

• by kirbystar7

I’ve heard many things about Shilla, the bakery in Annandale, Virginia for a very long time, but I never found the time or had the motivation to drive all the way to Annandale to try it out. My sister, who had been there several times before was craving bing soo, a popular shaved ice dessert with several different toppings and additions. I decided to follow her this time when she went to Shilla.

When I first arrived at Shilla, the parking lot was almost full. From the outside, I could see that the inside was very crowded. When I came inside the bakery, there

were indeed a lot of people, mostly those in their teens. I felt a little under dressed when I noticed that the customers were dressed in a very trendy and chic manner. The air was bustling with chatter. There were many small baked goods wrapped in plastic. Some of the different baked goods had samples with a small cup of toothpicks in order to pick them. I saw cute unique individualized breads with different fillings, like strawberry or almond. I decided to pick up the bread with the mocha filling because it looked interesting. The breads were only ninety five cents each.

I noticed in that at the font of the bakery, there were several very cute cakes in the window. There were decorated with special care, and upon closer examination, very pricey. In more direct view were individual servings of pastries that ranged from three to five dollars. They also looked very cute and appetizing. The rest of the store had very unique baked goods that I have not seen before. There were cheesy bread sticks and even chocolate cheesy bread sticks. There was a big loaf of mocha bread that I think I will try next time I come back to Shilla.

I noticed that Shilla ...

• Shilla Bakery
      sold Bubble tea, so I decided to order a cup of Green tea flavored bubble tea. Each bubble tea is five dollars. My sister ordered a frozen yogurt bing soo, which I found to be pretty expensive: almost ten dollars. She also picked up an oats and cream cheese bread that I found to be very interesting. I am glad that she was willing to let me try both.

When I received the bubble tea, it was finally the kind that I never tried. Every time I get bubble tea, it is always the non frozen kind, but Shilla offered the slushy kind. I

was worried the slush would get in the way of the tapioca bubbles but they did not. It was actually pretty good. Despite the cold slushy, which can sometimes dull subtle flavors, I could taste the green tea flavoring. The frozen yogurt bing soo that was finally done was in a very large bowl, colorful, and piled up high. The very top of the bowl was the frozen yogurt swirled in red sauce and covered in corn flakes. Next was a layer of fruit that I did not especially enjoy. The bottom was a mixture of shaved ice and rice cakes. It was very interesting to eat!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 717061148550530/k2311a0617/6.17.10