Special K Cereal Diet  » Health  »
  • When I reached the cereal aisle of the grocery store, I noticed that there were several different types of Special K cereal
  • I decided to go with the fruit and yogurt flavored cereal
  • The cereal tasted delicious, so I did not think it would be hard to eat it for dinner as well
  • Overall, I think I would only do this again if I had some important event to go to within two weeks time, but it could never be healthy for me to carry on

• by kirbystar7

Like most people during the summer, I worry about how I will be looking at the beach and start finding ways to lose weight. When I saw the promises that the Special K cereal diet challenge offered, I was of course enticed. I wanted to be able to lose an inch off my waist in just two weeks, to lose a jean size. I immediately went out to the local grocery store in order to get myself a box of Special K cereal.

When I reached the cereal aisle of the grocery store, I noticed that there were several different types of Special K cereal. The box with the promises was the original, with corn flakes and strawberry bits. I decided to go with the fruit

and yogurt flavored cereal. I figured I would probably be eating mostly cereal on this diet so I might as well enjoy it enough to do so.

When I got home, I read the instructions on the back of the box. I had to eat a bowl of cereal for two of my daily meals and then for my third meal, I could eat like I usually do. This did not seem to be too difficult to do. I started right away. That morning I had eaten breakfast already so my lunch and dinner would consist of Special K cereal. The cereal tasted delicious, so I did not think it would be hard to eat it for dinner as well. The box also mentioned that I ...

• could eat snacks. They recommended fruit or the Special K bar, which I could not imagine eating if I already had to eat two bowls of the cereal a day.

The second day of the diet, I decided to eat the cereal for breakfast and then I had it for lunch as well. Already on my second day I was having problems. I wanted to eat more than just one bowl at lunch, so I had a snack. For dinner, because I was able to eat normally, I felt like I ate more than usual to compensate for not having eaten enough in the past two days (four bowls of cereal in a row).

While I was on this special diet, I was also exercising a

lot and doing Pilates. This required a bit of energy which I felt I was lacking. The cereal did not seem to be providing me with enough energy in order to do anything. I also did not feel like I was getting enough nutrients from this diet.

At the end of two and a half weeks, I did feel a little thinner. Of course, the diet was coupled with exercise, but the thought of continuing this diet was not good. I feel as if this diet was a temporary solution to me losing weight. Overall, I think I would only do this again if I had some important event to go to within two weeks time, but it could never be healthy for me to carry on.

Special K Cereal Diet

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417061148510530/k2311a0617/6.17.10