“One Cell in the Sea” Album by A Fine Frenzy  » Music  »
  • I think I first found it because she was one of artists featured on one of those Starbucks cards that you pick up at the register and get a free download of
  • Couple that with her singing talent and you've got a great album, at least in my opinion
  • She is the kind of artist that I would definitely like to see live because unlike a lot of other artists these days, she doesn't hide her voice behind really loud or overwhelming instrumentals
  • I love how Alison Sudol can affect her audience with her music
  • That is probably one of the biggest reasons why I bought this album (and think that other people should buy it too)

• by Intensify

A Fine Frenzy is a female vocalist (her real name is Alison Sudol). She hasn’t been very popular on the radio or on MTV or anything, but I really do enjoy her music. I think I first found it because she was one of artists featured on one of those Starbucks cards that you pick up at the register and get a free download of. I am so glad that I picked up the card that day. What a great find! Her first CD was titled “One Cell in the Sea” and I really do like this album. Alison has such a lovely voice and is a truly talented female vocalist. If you are as much of a fan of well written lyrics as I am, you will love A Fine Frenzy and you will love this album. She is a brilliant songwriter. Couple that with her singing talent and you’ve got a great album, at least in my opinion. She is the kind of artist that I would definitely like to see live because unlike a

lot of other artists these days, she doesn’t hide her voice behind really loud or overwhelming instrumentals. Her voice is the main part of the music and I respect that about her. Her music brings out a lot of different thoughts and emotions in me. It really makes me think. She isn’t just a pop singer like Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera who relies on catchy songs with choruses that get stuck in your head because they are played over and over again on the radio. Her music may not hit the top of the Billboard Charts, but it is still great to listen to.

“Hope for the Hopeless” is probably my favorite song from this album. It starts off really slow and then builds up a bit. This is one of those songs that is so positive and full of optimism that you can’t help but smile listening to it. It’s the perfect song, I think, for someone going through a breakup or dealing with a death or some other tragic event. I love how Alison Sudol ...

• can affect her audience with her music. That is probably one of the biggest reasons why I bought this album (and think that other people should buy it too). She does things with her music that a lot of other artists fail to do. She inspires, and I love that about her.

“Almost Lovers” is another really sweet song from the album. It is beautifully written yet kind of chilling. It has a great melody that is really refreshing to hear in comparison to all of the other pop songs of this generation. I can definitely relate to the message in the lyrics of this song.

“Whisper” is a beautiful song, mostly because of its ending. Her singing at the end of “Whisper” demonstrates just how talented she is. It absolutely blew me away. Her raw voice all by itself is a thing of beauty. It isn’t overproduced or overly altered. I love the simplicity of this album. “You Picked Me” is sort of “fast paced” for this album. A lot of the other songs are a bit slower

but this one definitely picks up the pace a bit. The instrumentals and her voice are still as beautiful as ever. It’s an adorable song. I think this was a Starbucks “Song of the day” at one point and I am so glad that it was because I think A Fine Frenzy deserves more exposure. Her songs are incredible.

“Think of You”, “Lifesize”, and “Rangers” are some of my other favorite songs from the album, but I definitely think the entire thing is great. This is a good quality album. I honestly can’t believe that A Fine Frenzy isn’t more popular. It baffles me that more people don’t really know a thing about Alison Sudol’s music, because it is great. Overall, I give A Fine Frenzy’s “One Cell in the Sea” a rating of 9 out of 10 because it is a very enjoyable album done by a talented female vocalist who I will definitely continue to purchase music from in the future. I am excited to see what direction she takes her music in because I’ll keep listening!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1417061148330530/k2311a0617/6.17.10