Aquaphor Healing Ointment
  • Some of these kits I've put together myself and are quite elaborate, and I kind of pride myself on having the best first aid kits available because I have pretty much everything you'd ever need, even surgical equipment (because I secretly think the world will end in a massive nuclear holocaust)
  • I bought it thinking it was something totally different, that you would use on cuts or scrapes or something like that and, though you can use it on that kind of thing, this is more designed for dry skin
  • I love this product because it's pretty much useful for any number of health issues
  • I highly recommend it as an additional to any baby care products or any first aid products, because of its multiple functions

• by Anasuya

I’m a pretty clumsy individual, so I need to have first aid items on hand at all times. You may think I’m over-exaggerating but I can literally hurt myself just getting in my car! Or walking up the stairs, or shaving, or cooking dinner. I usually end up with a new bruise every day just from banging into things that are in my way. Look at me crooked and I’ll probably end up with a bruise or cut as a result of it. So, I have tubs and boxes and kits of first aid items in pretty much every room of my house. Some of these kits I’ve put together myself and are quite elaborate, and I kind of pride myself on having the best first aid kits available because I have pretty much everything you’d ever need,

even surgical equipment (because I secretly think the world will end in a massive nuclear holocaust). And one thing I always have in every single kit is always something along the lines of an antibacterial spray or ointment. One such ointment that I’ve tried was Aquaphor Healing Ointment for $6. It’s a 3 ounce tube, but that’s actually a pretty good sized bottle, about three times the size, it seemed, as a tube of Neosporin, so the price was really perfect for this product because I knew it would last a long time.

but Aquaphor is a bit different than antibacterial ointments like Neosporin. In fact, this product is more designed to treat excessively dried skin, or, like in the case of baby care, for the treatment of diaper rash and things like that. I bought it thinking ...

• it was something totally different, that you would use on cuts or scrapes or something like that and, though you can use it on that kind of thing, this is more designed for dry skin. And that was totally fine with me, because I have horribly dry skin, especially during the winter months. I was able to use this ointment right after a shower, and my skin stayed absolutely moisturized for the whole day and clear into that night. I almost always have to moisturize a second time, and I didn’t have to at all with this ointment. The smell isn’t very pretty-smelling but it’s also not bad at all, and I could really care less about the smell as long as it does exactly what it did, and keeps my skin from feeling painfully dry.

But, though

it’s specifically designed for diaper rash, and yet still moisturized the dry skin on my legs, it CAN also be used for minor cuts and scrapes to protect them from infection. I love this product because it’s pretty much useful for any number of health issues. A lot of moisturizing lotions and things like that you can go anywhere near an open cut or scrape with it because it burns like the dickens, but this one doesn’t burn at all, and is actually quite soothing. I used it on a sunburn on my shoulders, and it felt so much better than any aloe lotion I’ve ever used. I really do love this product and think it’s perfect! I highly recommend it as an additional to any baby care products or any first aid products, because of its multiple functions.

Aquaphor Healing Ointment

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417061148060430/k2311a0617/6.17.10