Uniden DET Cordless Digital Answering System With Caller ID  » Electronics  »
  • I’ve always liked Uniden products, and when our old phone died on us I decided to look into what they had for a replacement since I didn’t really care for the old phone that we had
  • The first thing I noticed was that it came with two handsets, one charging base, and one master base with a digital answering machine on it
  • Not bad for something that cost me less than $25 at Costco
  • Would I recommend the Uniden DET Cordless Digital Answering System With Caller ID to someone

• by William Shultz

I’ve always liked Uniden products, and when our old phone died on us I decided to look into what they had for a replacement since I didn’t really care for the old phone that we had. So, I wound up looking at the Uniden DET Cordless Digital Answering System With Caller ID (DECT 1580-2).

The first thing I noticed was that it came with two handsets, one charging base, and one master base with a digital answering machine on it. Not bad for something that cost me less than $25 at Costco. Plus, I can register up to four more handsets if I need to, which are available separately.

But what I really like is the new

technology it is based on that allows the 1.9GHz band. The older cordless phones operated on a lower frequency, and it was not uncommon for me to hear cell phone chatter. I also noticed that the old phone interfered with my WiFi, and it tended to interfere with our baby monitor as well. Plus, the old cell phone didn’t really have much distance before it faded out and the sound quality deteriorated the farther away from the base you got.

I don’t have any of these problems with the Uniden DET Cordless Digital Answering System With Caller ID. Because it operates at higher band, I can walk up on either of our PCs (both use WiFi) and either of our laptops with absolutely no interference. Further, I no longer get any bleed over or freed back from our baby monitor or similar devices. The phones seem to be very secure in transmission and reception.

Another thing I noticed is the fact that the voice quality is crystal clear no matter how far you are from the base, and I’ve had a handset as far away as 50 feet outside of my house before I finally lost connection—and that’s with a base that lacks an antenna. I could never do that with our old cordless Panasonic. Along with that, there are other features that the Uniden DET Cordless Digital Answering System With Caller ID has that I really like. It ...

• Uniden DET Cordless Digital Answering System With Caller ID
      can store up to 70 names in its phone book; it has caller ID that shows on the easy to read digital face; it has call waiting and conferencing; it has a host of customizable ring tones; the speaker phone feature that is built into the handset is crystal clear; and the battery lasts for several hours when not attached to the charging base (we left one off the base for well over three days and it still had plenty of charge left) and talking for an hour or more barely registers a dent on the battery when the phone is in use.

Also, the standard features are found on the Uniden DET Cordless Digital Answering System With Caller ID. The message recording

system has plenty of features and the sound quality is perfect. You can also call in and check your messages remotely, or use the phone as an intercom. You can also redial and mute, as well. Best of all, the directions are straight forward and easy to both read and understand.

Would I recommend the Uniden DET Cordless Digital Answering System With Caller ID to someone? Absolutely. For the amount you spend you get the kind of quality and features found in much pricey brand name cordless phones, and it works flawlessly every time for us.

Pros: Very affordable Many features that are found in high dollar phones Secure transmission and reception Excellent sound quality Doesn’t interfere with other electronic equipment Good range

Cons: None that I can think of

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1617061147250330/k2311a0617/6.17.10