Hostgator Webhosting Services
  • After checking it out for a brief moment, and doing some research, I decided to buy in to the basic package for a year
  • Already I could see a few things wrong with Hostgator (though they eventually proved not to be too much of a problem)
  • The cost of hosting per month was higher than a few other web hosting services, and the price of purchasing a domain name was far above most other domain name registrars
  • Considering I have difficulty installing phpBB myself, I found this to prove very helpful

• by ConverserNihil

Hostgator was recommended to me by several contact who host websites of their own. After checking it out for a brief moment, and doing some research, I decided to buy in to the basic package for a year.

Already I could see a few things wrong with Hostgator (though they eventually proved not to be too much of a problem). The cost of hosting per month was higher than a few other

web hosting services, and the price of purchasing a domain name was far above most other domain name registrars. Regardless I went ahead and set up my website.

The templates they provide are adequate, but nothing overly special. However, this is mitigated by the insanely useful Autoinstaller they have. Offering numerous free web services from Wordpress for blogs to phpbb for forums, the autoinstaller allows you to start up any kind of ...

• website with a single click. Considering I have difficulty installing phpBB myself, I found this to prove very helpful.

The support for Hostgator is excellent, especially the live chat. I have used the Live Chat service numerous times and have never once been let down. The support staff are friendly, very helpful and generally very quick at solving whatever problem you could possibly have.

Running a website is made simpler through the HTML

and code editors available in their cPanel, which combined with the easy and quick file uploader means it takes mere minutes to get a website started. Alongside the substantial knowledgebase provided at startup, I found it extremely easy to start my own website in a single day and I’ve never looked back since.

Despite the high cost, Hostgator has proven to me time and time again that it is well worth the extra cost.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1517061147190330/k2311a0617/6.17.10