The Hunger Games- Post-apocalyptic Teen Novel- Suzanne Collins
  • Although at first it may seem a little confusing, it's so interesting
  • Sometimes I felt as if the important things were going so fast, and the boring camp scene was a little slow
  • Overall, I ADORED The Hunger Games, and if you want a little fantasy with some reality, this book is definitely for you

• by Lola

At first, I wasn’t sure if I should read the book The Hunger Games. I’m so glad I did.

The Hunger Games follows a teenager named Katniss Everdeen in the post apocalyptic country of Panem, or present day North America.

In Panem, there are 12 districts, and each year, the districts have to give up one boy and one girl for the Capitol’s annual Hunger Games, where the contestants battle it out by killing.

The districts rebelled years ago, and because of the uprising, the Capitol makes each district give up their

kids so they remember to never rebel again.

Katniss’s sister is picked for this competition, so in her place, Katniss goes.

Does she win or lose? Does she live to see her sister grow up? And what about her partner, Peeta, who may have a little bit of a crush on her? By reading this book, you’ll be gripped to the edge of your seat, ready to see what happens at each turn.

I adored this novel so much! Although at first it may seem a little confusing, it’s so interesting! The ...

• author immediately starts into the story, revealing details as she goes.

It astonished me on how cruel society was in this novel, and I instantly felt for Katniss.

Collins really develops her characters so well! We know so much about Katniss by the end, and I really understand what she is feeling and how life must be for her.

Suzanne Collins adds so many twists in this book, I had to keep reading! I mean, you never know what to expect! By the end of The Hunger Games, I couldn’t wait for

the next book! One thing that I didn’t like so much was the erratic pacing.

Sometimes I felt as if the important things were going so fast, and the boring camp scene was a little slow.

Although it didn’t deter from the main story point too much, I did feel as if Collins could have added a little more detail and images in the parts where Katniss is scared, hurt, or something else is wrong.

Overall, I ADORED The Hunger Games, and if you want a little fantasy with some reality, this book is definitely for you!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1717061147100330/k2311a0617/6.17.10