The Polar Express  » Movies  »
  • The story about a boy who is placed on a train for the North Pole because he no longer believes in Santa Claus is interesting
  • While I would rate this movie high, I think parents should exercise some caution when deciding whether to watch it with their children

• by Steve
      I didn’t get a chance to see the Polar Express at the theater and never got around to renting it on DVD. So, when it came on television Christmas night, I figured there was no better time to watch it.

I had mixed emotions

about the movie.

On one hand, it was a unique plot and taught about the spirit of Christmas.

On the other hand, I’m not sure if it was suitable for young children.

The story about a boy who is placed on a train for ...

• the North Pole because he no longer believes in Santa Claus is interesting.

However, the characters are a little too adult.

For example, one of the scenes has the boy walking through a room of marienettes and on of the marienettes grabs him and

starts yelling at him.

Considering I was a bit creeped out by that scene, I can only imagine what a young child would think.

While I would rate this movie high, I think parents should exercise some caution when deciding whether to watch it with their children.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112712114640831/k2311a1227/12.27.06