Bob Dylan - It Ain’t Me Babe (Song)
  • Dylan’s vocal tone obviously isn’t great, in fact when he tries to hit some of the higher notes in this song his voice is pretty unpleasant, but at the same time I like how much emotion seems to be in his voice which does a nice job of carrying this song
  • Although maybe not among his best earlier songs, I still would recommend It Ain’t Me Babe for the solid songwriting and some clear emotion in the vocal delivery

• by Grimmy101

It Ain’t Me Babe is a track by Bob Dylan which appears on Another Side Of Bob Dylan. As with many of songs from Dylan’s earlier records, the instrumentation is extremely stripped down and primarily just features an acoustic guitar playing a basic pattern which Dylan sings over and then some harmonica parts which come in here and there throughout the song.

I’m stressing this basic instrumentation to make it clear that the sound

is very simple, as with all of Dylan’s earlier songs, so that if Dylan is to capture any attention then obviously something has to go very well.

The guitar parts are very simple, although this isn’t to say they don’t fit the song, so this isn’t something which exactly captures attention.

The lyrics on this track aren’t bad but at the same time they don’t strike me with the exact power or poetic feel ...

• as some of Dylan’s other songs.

I say that these lyrics don’t strike me with the exact power, but I say this if I were to read the lyrics.

What I personally like about It Ain’t Me Babe is that Dylan seems to actually have a lot of emotion in his voice, not as much as say a song like Sara, but certainly enough to capture my attention and easily hold it.

Dylan’s vocal

tone obviously isn’t great, in fact when he tries to hit some of the higher notes in this song his voice is pretty unpleasant, but at the same time I like how much emotion seems to be in his voice which does a nice job of carrying this song.

Although maybe not among his best earlier songs, I still would recommend It Ain’t Me Babe for the solid songwriting and some clear emotion in the vocal delivery.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1416061146300930/k2311a0616/6.16.10