Luigi’s Real Italian Ice Lemon and Strawberry  » Food  »
  • It's pleasant to the taste for sure, but what I enjoy more is the fact that it's a cold, fruit treat
  • I like fruit the best when it comes in the form of a frozen treat or form
  • For above average taste, I believe this Italian Ice is deserving of an 8 rating

• by CirclingCanvas

There are three lemon-flavored and three strawberry-flavored Italian Ice cups that come in a box for two dollars and fifty cents. Thia is a reasonably fair price considering the quality and flavor of the Italian Ice.

While neither flavor is particularly super rich, the lemon-flavored cups offer an unmistakable lemon flavor and the same holds true for the strawberry-flavored cups.

The Italian Ice frozen treat is very similar to ice cream in texture, but unlike most ice creams out there, real ingredients go

into Italian Ice.

That means real strawberry fruit is used to make the strawberry-flavored Italian Ice and the same is true when it comes to the lemon-flavored cups.

This does help make the frozen fruit treats taste good, but I’m never overly blown away by the flavor of either the lemon Italian Ice or the strawberry Italian Ice.

It’s pleasant to the taste for sure, but what I enjoy more is the fact that it’s a cold, fruit treat.

I like fruit the ...

• best when it comes in the form of a frozen treat or form.

It’s particularly enjoyable to have when it’s hot outside and I’m feeling sluggish and warm.

The coldness of this frozen fruit treat is pretty refreshing, both when it hits my mouth and when it’s on its way down to my stomach.

Lemon-flavored frozen desserts aren’t easy to find, and so I do enjoy the lemon-flavored Italian Ice cups more than the strawberry, but the strawberry-flavored cups are still sweet and

good too, so they don’t go to waste.

Each cup can be finished after approximately six decent spoonfuls, so it’s a frozen treat that doesn’t last long.

Maybe that’s for the better since it never has time to melt before I finish it.

I tend to purchase the lemon-only variety of Luigi’s Italian Ice most often, but considering how I like strawberry a lot too, I’ll sometimes buy this variety pack.

For above average taste, I believe this Italian Ice is deserving of an “8″ rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2716061146220930/k2311a0616/6.16.10