Naproxen  » Medicine  »
  • I had been using Ibuprofen, but I decided to try Naproxen instead at the suggestion of a friend of mine
  • It is not very expensive like most other over the counter remedies so cost is not really an issue at all
  • I like Naproxen because it is effective just like Ibuprofen
  • My only problem with it is the same problem that I have had in the past with all the other drugs I've taken to help deal with my menstrual cramps
  • I give Naproxen a rating of an 8 out of 10 because I am very impressed with how it works and will definitely continue to purchase and use it in the future

• by Intensify

I get the worst menstrual cramps. My biggest complaint with the medications that I take to relieve these cramps is that they take forever to kick in. It’s not that Motrin and other medications like it are not effective. They do get rid of the pain, but they take about an hour or more to start getting rid of the pain. In that hour, I have to suffer so much. I wanted to eliminate that period of waiting before I get relief from the pain so I started searching for something that would work as quickly as possible. I don’t expect the medication to work instantly, but some quick relief would be very nice. I am a very impatient person when it comes to being

in pain, but I do not think that it’s unreasonable to want quick relief at all.

I had been using Ibuprofen, but I decided to try Naproxen instead at the suggestion of a friend of mine. Naproxen is an anti-inflammatory drug that is supposed to help with pain and fever reduction just like ibuprofen. Aleve is one of the drugs that Naproxen can be found in. It is not very expensive like most other over the counter remedies so cost is not really an issue at all.

I like Naproxen because it is effective just like Ibuprofen. My only problem with it is the same problem that I have had in the past with all the other drugs I’ve taken to help deal with my menstrual cramps.

• It takes time to kick in. It works a bit faster than Ibuprofen, but not much. This wasn’t a fix for that problem, but it definitely is effective. An advantage it has to the other drugs that I was taking is that it lasts a few hours longer than the others so I don’t have to take a dose of it as often. This is a bit more convenient for me especially if I’m having a really busy day. As long as I take Naproxen with food, I don’t get an upset stomach or feel bad at all. I do not experience any other side effects from taking it so I do not have to worry about introducing new problems just to get rid of
        the menstrual cramps I’m experiencing. Sometimes I get nauseous when I take Motrin even if I take it with food as instructed so I am glad that Naproxen doesn’t cause that problem.

I like Naproxen much better than Aspirin. I would definitely suggest it to anyone suffering from menstrual cramps or any other type of pain even though I am still looking for something that will be a bit faster in terms of relieving the pain. It is an effective solution that isn’t very expensive and is readily available because it’s available over the counter. I give Naproxen a rating of an 8 out of 10 because I am very impressed with how it works and will definitely continue to purchase and use it in the future.

Naproxen
    mom of 2 boys says :

Naproxen doesnt work for me at all. I just started my period today. Took one this morning, and another one half an hour ago. Ive been in excrutiating pain all day, and it didnt relieve my pain at all Im lying on my stomach as im typing this ‘(

Joanna says :

Hi,

I’m sorry that Naproxen doesn’t work for you. It worked well for me on light cramps, but I mostly use Midol or Pamprin to give me complete relief from the symptoms associated with PMS.

You can also take regular advil, but it wont do anything for bloating and the rest of the symptoms of PMS.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joanna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2616061146120930/k2311a0616/6.16.10