Great Value Maple & Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal  » Food  »
0.5
  • I admit that I'm no fan of oatmeal, but I know that it's something that I should be eating because of how healthy it is for the body and heart
  • Starting off the day with a bowl of oatmeal is supposed to be one of the best ways a person could kick of his or her day from a nutritional point of view
  • The Great Value brand cost a dollar forty-nine for eight packs, which would have been a good price had the oatmeal offered a rich, sweet brown sugar and maple flavor

• by CirclingCanvas

I admit that I’m no fan of oatmeal, but I know that it’s something that I should be eating because of how healthy it is for the body and heart. Starting off the day with a bowl of oatmeal is supposed to be one of the best ways a person could kick of his or her day from a nutritional point of view.

With oatmeal like the maple and brown sugar eight pack sold

under Walmart’s Great Value brand though, I don’t see how I’ll ever be able to stomach the stuff.

While this oatmeal does have a sweet smell to it when I open the package and when it’s heating in the microwave, once I take a spoonful to my mouth, all I taste is regular oatmeal with very little maple or brown sugar flavoring mixed in, and regular oatmeal tastes terrible.

Although the oatmeal has brown coloring ...

• to it, which indicates there’s brown sugar and maple flavoring and while the oatmeal has a sweet, pleasant aroma to it, all of that just doesn’t seem to translate into taste.

I’ve tried making it with water and another time with milk, but the result is the same.

The oatmeal comes out being really close to tasteless and I can’t stomach more than two half spoonfuls.

Very disappointing, but as I’ve found out, it’s

not just the Great Value brand that lacks flavor, but the name brands like Quaker too come out tasting bland despite claiming to contain a certain flavor.

The Great Value brand cost a dollar forty-nine for eight packs, which would have been a good price had the oatmeal offered a rich, sweet brown sugar and maple flavor.

It did not, and so, this oatmeal gets a “1″ rating from me.

It wasn’t edible due to its blandness.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2716061146110930/k2311a0616/6.16.10