Ace Ankle Brace Medium  » Health  »
  • It was black and cost about $9, which wasn't too bad
  • I think this product is more designed to be worn by athletic people to prevent injury, so it's not a true support, but it still fit very well, very close to the skin, and though you still retained full mobility, there was an added sense of protection from further bumps and damage

• by Anasuya

I’m not really an athletic individual and much prefer a comfortable evening on my couch watching my favorite show than being out in a gym. But, occasionally I really enjoy an excellent walk. I work only two miles from where I live and when the weather is nice, I’ll indulge in a leisurely walk to and from work. But, when I sprained my ankle tripping down the ladder at work, I didn’t know if I was going to be able to walk home. That’s not to say it was badly sprained. I could still walk on it fairly well, but at the same time, I could feel that twinge of pain when I put real pressure on it. I wasn’t sure if I could favor it thoroughly enough to get me the two miles home. Since I

worked right next door to a Rite Aid, I headed over there to see if I could find something that would offer me a little support so I could make it home. My husband had the car at work himself and couldn’t pick me up, so I was pretty much committed to the idea of walking home at that point.

I ended up buying the Ace Ankle Brace in a medium size. It was black and cost about $9, which wasn’t too bad. You just slip it on over your foot and it’s a nice thin material, while still offering support, so I was able to wear my shoes over it without much adjusting. It has a neoprene fabric, which retains heat and keeps the circulation going in the area which promotes healing. It’s not used so ...

• much for true support if you have a serious injury, but is more used to prevent further damage, especially in the case of weak joints and muscles. Since I could still walk on my ankle, I figured this would just have to be sufficient enough because all the other braces they had at the store were bulky and I wouldn’t have been able to wear my shoes on the walk home if I’d bought them.

I did notice that my foot was sweating something fierce just after a half an hour wearing this product. So it certainly does retain heat, but almost at a disgusting level! I didn’t like the idea of peeling this thing off my foot by the time I got home, and having it all stinky and gross feeling, and totally drenched, which is

exactly what ended up happening. But, I have to say that it still offered a surprising amount of support. I think this product is more designed to be worn by athletic people to prevent injury, so it’s not a true support, but it still fit very well, very close to the skin, and though you still retained full mobility, there was an added sense of protection from further bumps and damage. I walked home with a bit of a limp, but still with a great deal of confidence. I can see why runners would love this kind of product, because its the perfect amount of support and never gets too tight that it cuts off circulation to the foot like an ace bandage would if you didn’t put it on correctly. Very nice product and was surprisingly effective.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416061146040830/k2311a0616/6.16.10