Tiger Balm Red - Extra Strength, 18 gram  » Health  »
  • I have tried more pain relieving creams than I care to count, unfortunately, over the last two years
  • I have no problem trying new kinds of products
  • Some of my favorite pain relieving creams I can't use because it has such a strong medicinal smell that just might scare the customers away if I wasn't careful with the application of it, and putting it on too lightly meant it wasn't as effective, so I was sort of out of luck either way I looked at it unless I found something that had a more pleasant scent to it
  • But, it did have the menthol and camphor in it so you can definitely feel that tingling and feel it working on your skin

• by Anasuya

I have tried more pain relieving creams than I care to count, unfortunately, over the last two years. I started working a new job in retail, and I’m just not used to that kind of work, up and down ladders all the time, and I ended up over-extending my shoulder and I have a pinched nerve in my lower back that sometimes radiates down my entire leg and really causes me a lot of grief, because it interferes in the things I need to go done both at work and at home. I have no problem trying new kinds of products. Though some have worked to alleviate the pain, I’m always game to look for something else and see if the next product isn’t better, more effective or, as is the case with most pain relieving creams, it smells better. That’s my hope, ultimately anyway. Some of my favorite pain relieving

creams I can’t use because it has such a strong medicinal smell that just might scare the customers away if I wasn’t careful with the application of it, and putting it on too lightly meant it wasn’t as effective, so I was sort of out of luck either way I looked at it unless I found something that had a more pleasant scent to it.

Which is what led me to Tiger Balm Red - Extra Strength, 18 gram. I only paid $5 for it, but it’s a teeny tiny little container. The container is cute and small enough to fit in a pocket, so I suppose it gets points for convenience, but I wasn’t sure how long a container like that would last me when I was going through a tube of Icy Hot a week. This product contained a cinnamon type of aroma that was really very therapeutic in ...

• a number of ways. I really do believe in the idea of aromatherapy, and this scent was so relaxing which, by itself, helped alleviate some tension and stress in already sore and aching muscles. It smelled so nice, like burning an apple cinnamon candle in your house, or using an air freshener, so no one ever suspected that I was wearing a medicinal cream. It does contain menthol and camphor so you can still get a whiff of the medicinal scent, but the great thing was that the smell vanished pretty quickly. Ironically enough, I almost wished it would’ve lasted longer, but at least this was inconspicuous and I could wear it while at work.

This particular Tiger Balm cream can cause staining to clothes, so I really only used it when I was wearing something dark, and even then I made sure it was completely rubbed in before I even

bothered getting dressed. It’s a very dark red and even seemed to stain skin, though it would wash away after a couple hand-washes. I just gathered a bit of the cream or ointment on my finger tips and rubbed it in. It’s very greasy feeling, and it took quite a bit of rubbing to get it thoroughly absorbed, but once it was in there I could feel the relief immediately. It wasn’t an obvious relief like the Icy Hot products provided, because you didn’t get that hot/cold sensation in quite the same way. But, it did have the menthol and camphor in it so you can definitely feel that tingling and feel it working on your skin. It’s not as long lasting as some of the other creams I’ve liked over the last two years, but at least it worked and smelled decently enough that I could use it at work. Very nice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416061145560830/k2311a0616/6.16.10