Hertz Rent-A Car rental car service  » Car rental  »
0.5
hertz.com, 800-654-3131
  • In my opinion there is no misunderstanding at all when an employee tells you you are booked you should be booked
  • Now that is not to say that all their local centers are this way but here where I am at they are and I don't recommend them to anyone here in town

• by DreamsOfRuby

I used this car service one weekend to go and visit my family down in Houston, Tx. I was a bit surprised at how difficult it was to rent from them. It seemed that no matter what I tried I could not get a local number for them on their main customer service line and once I located them I could not find a car.

I requested a car that was minimal and did not need to have all the bells and whistles but was told all they had were higher end cars. Once I got frustrated enough a manager decided to come out and see what was going on so I

let him know how I felt about his employee.

I was told again by the manager that there were no basic models available and none on the lot but when I pulled up I saw at least three simple sedans that I would have gladly taken. Once that was over with I finally told him my reservation and then the next argument started.

No where in their files did they see that I had booked a car for the weekend. I suppose that was the reason they had trouble finding me a decent sedan to use.

Time and time again I told them the name of the employee who called and ...

• verified the pick up time and that it would be a simple sedan and all they could say was there was a misunderstanding. In my opinion there is no misunderstanding at all when an employee tells you you are booked you should be booked.

When all was said and done I finally got a car to use for the weekend and when I saw the inside of it I was spitting fire. They gave me the worst car on the lot and said that this is all they have.

The seats were burned from cigarettes and it smelled like a wet dog. Now don’t get me wrong I have dogs and I

understand that sometimes the car gets dirty but please they are a rental service they should clean the car before renting it out.

I just got the impression that this local center did not really care about the customer and about its reputation at all. Needless to say I had to go and find another rental car company and I never let my family or friends rent from them at all.

I make sure that they steer clear of this awful location. Now that is not to say that all their local centers are this way but here where I am at they are and I don’t recommend them to anyone here in town.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316061145420730/k2311a0616/6.16.10