Serious Mass by Optimum Nutrition  » Health  »
  • With 1250 calories, 50g protein, 250+ carbs, and 25 vitamins and minerals per serving, it’s the best liquid food I've seen so far
  • In this review though, I decided to focus on what led me to be less satisfied about the product, some may find it trivial but you never know
  • I bought the jar version of Serious Mass (6lbs) I looked inside and felt a little pissed

• by lameraxis

Serious Mass by Optimum Nutrition is a great product; it worked very well as a weight gain supplement solving my dilemma of being an ectomorph with an ultra active metabolism. I gained a substantial amount of weight, around 4kg in a little over a month which is a great feat considering my bad genes and I was just halfway through my program. With 1250 calories, 50g protein, 250+ carbs, and 25 vitamins and minerals per serving, it’s the best liquid food I’ve seen so far! In this review though, I decided to focus on what led me to

be less satisfied about the product, some may find it trivial but you never know.

RIP OFF?

I bought the jar version of Serious Mass (6lbs) I looked inside and felt a little pissed; the product barely filled 3/4th of the jar! There is some fault on my part; there’s a small warning on the label that I wish I had noticed sooner.

SERVING AN UNDERSTATEMENT

The label says 2 heaping scoops for 1 serving, and they weren’t joking! Actually, ‘mugs’ is the more appropriate term! The measuring mug or whatever that comes with it is just HUGE! This led to another reason for me to be pissed! I went through 3/4ths of the product in just a month! And I wasn’t even following the suggested serving of 1 serving after every important meal! Another thing worth mentioning is that the measuring device gets buried at the bottom, way beneath the thick powder; it’s a real pain to feel around for it.

DANGEROUS RECOMMENDED SERVING?

I felt that the suggested serving was too much for my frame. I felt somewhat sluggish after the first week of using it. So I cut down to 1 serving per day, half before workout and ...

• Serious Mass by Optimum Nutrition
      half afterwards. Also, it keeps you really full, I couldn’t snack much and even felt like vomiting at times. I also drank loads and loads of water too, because it’s kind of sticky and I kept worrying about my kidneys so much.

HARD TO PREPARE

Without a blender, a serving is really hard to prepare! The powder doesn’t dissolve easily with water! Not even by stirring! What I did was put the powder in a drinking container with water and shake the whole thing like a madman for 5 minutes. I had to cut out a plastic funnel because it’s

so hard to get it to from place to another without vigorous handling! It tastes great though; as long as you don’t put too much water. Take note though it’s more like your eating it than drinking it.

LAST WORDS

The solution is to buy the sack version of it! I wish Optimum Nutrition would just sell the sack version, the jar versions contain too little to last a whole training program. I’m very satisfied with the results I got by using Serious Mass by Optimum Nutrition. The good outweigh the bad and I’m really looking forward to another purchase.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416061145400730/k2311a0616/6.16.10