Movie: The Fifth Element  » Movies  »
  • The Fifth Element, starring Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich, is a fun and interesting action film that never fails to get my attention when it's on T
  • I think the director Luc Besson made a beautiful film, filled it with good acting, humorous dialog and put together just enough plot to hold all the amazing parts together in an intriguing whole
  • While The Fifth Element will not be the best you ever see, it certainly is one of the most mesmerizing ones

• by AmethystTear

The Fifth Element, starring Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich, is a fun and interesting action film that never fails to get my attention when it’s on T.V. While I can’t say its my favorite movie and probably not even in my top twenty for science fiction films, there is something that captivates me everytime I watch it. I think the director Luc Besson made a beautiful film, filled it with good acting, humorous dialog and put together just enough plot to hold all the amazing parts together in an intriguing whole.

I love the characters of

this film. I felt like Bruce Willis did a good job with Corben Dallas as a man who is tough but also in the end can be tender as well. Milla, while not even close to my favorite actress, does a good job being this embodification of perfection and being both vulnerable and tough. Chris Rock is absolutely hilarious in this film, Oldman is deliciously evil and overall every charater added something to the proceedings.

Next, I just think this movie is beautifully filmed. The scene with the blue alien diva singing in ...

• time with Milla Jovovich despatching the bad guys is absolutely brilliant. The dramatic aria she opens with is ethereal and haunting and then as the song progresses it kicks into this rhythmic otherworldy vocal that syncs perfetion with the fighting. The way the environment of the film was concieved was imaginative from the multiple lanes of traffic in the skies to the way the apartment Dallas lived in was set-up.

The acting and chemistry between Willis and Jovovich was surprising as well. The scene in the taxi where Leeloo and Dallas first

meet is well done as she begs him to help her. We can see all the different emotions on his face as he changes from indifference, to indecision and finally to resignation that he must help her.

Overall, I think The Fifth Element has actually held up well over the years. I was a little surprised when I realized this came out in 1997. It doesn’t seem that long ago to me. While The Fifth Element will not be the best you ever see, it certainly is one of the most mesmerizing ones.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1116061145300730/k2311a0616/6.16.10